• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Asus GTX 560 / GTX560 Ti DirectCU II VS Sapphire 6950 2gb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bloodsside14

Planning to buy this weekend of sapphire 6950 2gb and i am totally lost when i see last night this ASUS GTX560. So i am confuse which is much more better than the two.

Incomes in gaming 3D(HD) , HD Movies, Converting Videos, Cool and more stable in incoming games and other HD software,games etc.

The 560 Ti lines up with the 6950 1gb and they tend to trade blows. The 560 non ti has less core components and therefore is slower. In general the 560 Ti works better then the 6950 at lower resolutions, at 1650x1080 and below, where as the 6950 does better at 1920x1080 and above with the 2gb losing even less steam at higher res.

The 560 Ti is shorter, runs cooler, and is quieter then the 6950 where as the 6950 can connect more then two monitors and can game across multiple monitors.

+1

6950 is the better card IMO plus the scaling for multiple GPUS (future upgrade) is better in the ATI 6-series than the SLI counterpart....

The reference model 6950 with 2GB of RAM has the potential to be unlocked to a 6970 other wise I would just go with a 6950 with 1GB of RAM because you would have to be running some pretty large multi monitor resolutions to notice the difference.

@king
6950 2gb can flash to 6970 means 6970 is greater than the gtx560 ti and 6950 1gb.

I don't use multi monitor just a single one.

@wingman99
how can you say gtx 560 ti is a good choice?

I am confuse right now what will be the best decision right now. The problem is this coming weekend is the day that i will buy graphics card.

Some words are confuse. Like when you say GTX 560 ti all brand are same to compare with the sample sapphire 6950?

I don't see exact model i need to compare like the asus 560ti and evga gtx560ti supreclocked.

That price range puts you in the ATI HD6950 or nVidia GTX 560 Ti territory.

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1533/1/

I found this review which clearly shows the 6950 out performing the GTX 560 Ti. Then if you were to get the 2GB 6950 for a little extra and unlock the shaders to a 6970 it would be even faster!

6950 FTW

Sapphire would be my personal preference, I've been using them for many eyars now and they produce top quality cards!

This is a 1GB model
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102949

If you want a 2GB model that could potentially unlock shaders to a 6970 you're going to have to do some research and find out which models people have had success with and which ones did not unlock.

The 1GB model still beats the GTX 560 Ti and is an awesome card that will run anything you throw at it fairly easily!

^
Guys, reference is reference. They're all the same. Who's warranty do you want and who's sticker do you want on the card? That's about it. Unless it's a special non reference PCB, the card is made by Nvidia or ATI. It doesn't matter what brand you buy. Some have better service, like EVGA for example, but that's it. The Zotac reference 560Ti is the same as the ASUS, etc.

Get (any) brand 6950. 2GB is better. You can max out 2GB on a 1080P single display with 32AA/32AF. You never know when you might want to run that (ie, certain flight simulators).

Back