• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tutorial how to Voltmod ati 5570

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lacko123

Registered
Ok so i am the owner of the ati saphire 5570 512mb Gddr5 graphic card. and i have look everywhere for voltmoding and i didnt found. only for ddr3 memory.

So after resarch i have found thet 5670 and 5570 have same regulators for gpu and i use thet.

i raise the vcore from 1.1v to 1.4v and i have OC the gpu over 1200mhz from stock 650mhz. But i need better cooling :)

so here is the pic of what resitor you must shade with grafite pencile
s6303495.jpg

i will leater picture the points where to mesure voltage becouse there is no softwere reading options.
Here is my validation http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/ucaa3/

Sry on bad english

Wow, nice job bro! So you are saying that you installed a Intel 478 HSF on your GPU? What did you use to hold it down? Arctic Silver ceramic adhesive?

just ordinary screws XD its a very nice but i need something better. i have broken 8800gts from my friends and if he gives to me i will put the cooling from 8800gts..

Do you have a multimeter to check the voltage and resistance with?

One of the two resistors in the yellow box will raise voltage when penciled, the other will lower it.

gpu1swv.jpg

Software will not see the voltage change that happens, you'll need a multimeter to see if you got the correct resistor. Or, of course, to ID the correct resistor in the first place.

Do you have a multimeter to check the voltage and resistance with?

One of the two resistors in the yellow box will raise voltage when penciled, the other will lower it.

View attachment 124883

Software will not see the voltage change that happens, you'll need a multimeter to see if you got the correct resistor. Or, of course, to ID the correct resistor in the first place.

Thank you SO much for responding!
Yes i have a multimeter.
Do i have to measure the resistance with 200k or 20k wit hthe omega sign on it? Sorry for being such a damn noob at this. :/

First thing is to plug it in and run it and measure the voltage to the core during a load.

Then, using 20k, measure the resistance between the end of each resistor that is furthest from the controller chip to ground (the metal IO plate/shield is ground, it's an easy source).
One should give 0.0, the other will be higher.
Once you'd ID'd the one that gives 0.0, measure the resistance across it. Then pencil it until that resistance is 10% lower, plug the card in and measure the voltage under load again. It should be about 5% higher.

I have to measure the voltage with a program, NOT the multimeter when its running, correct?

alright i measure the resistance and it showed 8.85. I penciled it until it went to 7.9. Will gpu-z show the voltage increase? I see a clear incease in temp at full load.

Also, do you have any idea how far i can increase the voltage with the least chance to cause damage to my card? I NEED to oc it, but if i oc it by at least a rats pube it instantly becomes unstable in any test i run.

GPUz will not show the increase, you'll need to use the multimeter to measure the voltage. Don't short anything out, it'll die.

No increase of voltage is 100% safe.

GPUz will not show the increase, you'll need to use the multimeter to measure the voltage. Don't short anything out, it'll die.

No increase of voltage is 100% safe.

How do i measure if there is an increase in voltage?

Because if i touch the card with the multimeter while my pc is running it immediately shuts down.

Alright i raised the voltage to 1.3v and was able to achieve a higher stable oc. One last question, can you show me which resistors i should test in the VDIMM mod?

I can't see enough detail in the picture, but if you follow the trace from the FB pin it'll connector to two resistors (black bodies) and maybe a capacitor (tan) before heading off elsewhere. One of those two resistors will connect to ground, and that's your target.

I tried finding it, but don't want to risk moding anything when im this inexperienced.. I'll try to find a pic with better detail, dont have a camera good enough to take one myself.

Back