• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 Gen 3 vs. ASRock P67 Extreme 6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Z68 is newer and offers features such as Intel Rapid Storage Technology, the ability to overclock AND use the onboard GPU of CPU.

Personally, I wouldnt be upgrading to anything with what you have? Whats the point? ;)

Z68 is newer and offers features such as Intel Rapid Storage Technology, the ability to overclock AND use the onboard GPU of CPU.

Personally, I wouldnt be upgrading to anything with what you have? Whats the point? ;)

Because I still have the faulty sata ports, never sent it in the get the 3.0 revision. So I want to upgrade and send this one. Then I plan on selling it once it gets back from MSI.

I believe EarthDog meant Z68 has SRT over the P67, not RST. Both P67 and Z68 have RST.

SRT = Smart Response Technology (SSD Caching for a HDD)
RST = Rapid Storage Technology (Intel's RAID, previously on the ICH10R)

If you don't want the SSD caching or have the ability to use the iGPU, then there's not really a difference.

I believe EarthDog meant Z68 has SRT over the P67, not RST. Both P67 and Z68 have RST.

SRT = Smart Response Technology (SSD Caching for a HDD)
RST = Rapid Storage Technology (Intel's RAID, previously on the ICH10R)

If you don't want the SSD caching or have the ability to use the iGPU, then there's not really a difference.

Hmm, well the Extreme 4 look better with the all black. So if it comes down to looks the Extreme 4 looks better. :D

Hi all, i'm also interested in this thread? does anyone know if there infact IS a difference in performance?

Because the difference in price is around $100?? and the P67 has an extra heatsink??

Hi all, i'm also interested in this thread? does anyone know if there infact IS a difference in performance?

Because the difference in price is around $100?? and the P67 has an extra heatsink??

Oh nup, i was comparing the prices of the P67 Ex6 and the Z68 Ex7... my bad.:screwy:

Back