• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hard Reset, having trouble with massive flickering

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krag

Classifieds Moderator
I am having a terrible time with this game. From what I can see of it, it looks great but my vid drivers seem to be the problem. I used Cat 11.8 and the 11.9 leaked drivers from Guru3d but to no avail.

MLAA is recommended but only half of the screen is being rendered onto my LCD.
FSAAx2 & FSAAx4 are the only other options and flicker very badly. Its rolling thick black lines that repeatedly move up the screen.

This game looks great if I can get it to work. I will probably have to wait for the Cat 11.9 official drivers to be released before I can play this game.

Anyone else have any Hard Reset woes?

Answering my own issue here...LOL

I checked on HardOCP forums and there were a couple threads about the same issue. They recommended turning Anti-Alaising to "application controlled" in CCC. It worked perfectly. :)

I guess I am a victim of my own eye candy lust. I like to crank all the AA & AF up to max when I game because I want it to look the best I can.

I have flickering sometimes... When theres so much crap going on my framerate drops! Har har, but dear lord this game is beautiful. It gives my GTX460sli a run for its money.

I read somewhere that its only 6hrs of gameplay which is why its only $30, but I have eight hours in and have at least one full level left. I highly recommend this game, its an instant classic for me. Lots of replay value too.

Back