• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P67 Sabertooth + MATRIX II + Xonar Essence STX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I wanted an AX850 but it would have been another £50 ($75) so I can live with having 3 unwanted cables behind my partition at that cost!

Ah, I see! I won't be ordering any of this for another week or two so I have that time to figure everything out. Hopefully by then the GTX 580 classified are available on NCIX or Newegg.

Well it sounds like a cool upgrade! Probably will be some new graphics cards out in 2 weeks time lol, are you sure you can hold on that long! :temper:

The only thing holding me back now is I have to wait for my student loan.

Hehe mine came yesterday when I wasn't expecting it, so I went and bought an external HDD, something I have needed for a long time. Now I am thinking of putting a 2TB Caviar Black in my PC and taking out the 1TB Samsung and putting it in a enclosure for my TV which will then support live TV rewind and direct recording and playback from the HDD. I thought I could use my new external for that but it turns out it requires unique formatting which cannot be read by any other device, not even an identical TV, which is to prevent people from stealing tv shows, sucks ***.

But I have decided that I should pay the bill on my flat and buy food first!

Yeah, I'll figure out what to get when my loan is in. I can't order the classified off the evga website because they have $50 shipping which is too much! I'm thinking I'll go with this if they're not up on NCIX:

eVGA GTX 580 SC
Corsair TX850
Asus Xonar Essence STX
Intel 510 120 GB SSD

I'm also really tempted to pick up some of the Corsair low profile memory and beef my case up to a HAF X. Maybe I'll wait for Christmas before I do that though!

Not really a HAF fan :( is it going to be worth spending that money just for a slightly bigger HAF :-/

Upgrades sound cool :), isn't the intel SSD kinda expensive. I thought it was synonymous that the M4 was best at the moment? I know some guys don't like sand-force but I trust corsair know what they are doing.

Memory is sweet but its not like you don't got it already. A 580 and an SSD is a big noticeable upgrade but marginally faster memory isn't going to show much?

Put some pics on when you got it, I wouldn't mind a look at your sound card. You can't get 5.1 out off the MB right?

How'd your BIOS go?

The HAF X would be mostly for looks and the fact that it gives more room for cable management and larger mother boards. Its something I probably wouldn't bother with until much later.

Intel is more expensive, but I'm going for reliability over speed. Intel just has the lowest failure rate of any other brand SSD and that's more important to me than a slightly faster read/write. I also looked at getting an ADATA SSD instead as they also use the Intel controller on some of their drives.

The memory would mostly be for compatibility issues (Sandy Bridge prefers the 1.5 V memory while I'm currently using the 1.65 V XMS3). Also the fact that memory is so cheap right now is a big plus. Like the HAF X this would be a down the road kind of thing.

Really? Doesn't the Sabertooth have a 7.1 set-up?

I duno actually, maybe need some drivers :-/ or playing. Can't get anything past 2.1 on the windows device manager. Thought you would have played with it before you got your sound card?

Fair enough on the intel, my friend got one too for his thinkpad.

I wish I still had the big spreader faster vengeance or Dominator's but I have the best physically possible with my cooler. Maybe I should have a H100 loop and an overlcock. Maybe save that for an upgrade one day!

The Xonar Essence are made to produce the highest quality sound for headphones and stereo speakers. I won't be doing anything more than 2.0/2.1 + headphones on my PC so it fits really well for what I want.

Awesome, well I updated my sound drivers but still can't configure a 5.1 output through HDMI or SPDIF optical, at least not in windows anyway although it does support Dolby Encoding? Confusing but I am not that bothered I don't have a great room for audio and it sounds pretty cool anyways.

Hows your SL coming along?

Odd. I've never messed around with 5.1 or 7.1 sound on a PC before so I wouldn't be much help.

Still waiting to be contacted by email to pick it up. Should be in sometime this week. I wish it was just done all automatically through direct deposits.

Yeh I get it straight in my bank here, then it goes out just as fast. Still I get half but most of that pays for my house so I am left with about £200, not complaining though!

Is the classified in stock yet?

that kinda sucks. Do you have to pay tax/crazy postage to get it from US newegg?

On another note do you have an assistant fan on your sabertooth?

I am getting a H100 water cooling loop tomorrow so I was thinking of popping one in in the future when I order some fans.

The extra tax and border fees would be pretty high. Around $50 I believe or more. So I figure I'll either wait to get a different GTX 580. All depends when the loan comes in.

Yeah I got a fan. I think I put it in the wrong way around by mistake when I put my NH-D14 in. The heatsink prevents you from taking out the fan without removing the heat sink so I was going to check to see if its in right when I get my new parts. From what I've read though and comparisons in benchmarks its worth it for the extra fan. Its only a few degrees on most of the components, but two of them (I believe the 2 USB sensors) drop a lot.

Nice well I am planning on dropping the H100 on tomorrow so I will be able to change any fans really easy then especially the assist fan.

Depending on how loud my system is then I am planning on some new fans, maybe Sycthe Gentle Typhoons or Akasa Apache Blacks. I guess I will order one of each and do some tests somehow then buy a whole bunch. I might even remount my rad in a new side panel with push pull. Just depends how good it works out and when corsair link is available.

Back