• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE ASUS Matrix GTX 580 Platinum Video Card Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would have jumped on this card if it weren't for it taking 3 slots on it's own.

But excellent review!

Thanks all. The three slot cooler is drawback but it is definitely worth it if you got the room.

Yep, there's just enough room. You would use the top slot and the 4th slot (x8).

Yes mate
The board you ask about is an ROG board

The matrix card is an ROG card

So they test their card on their boards

This question was already answered. Also I believe that he was asking about having enough room since it was a 3
Slot cooler.

It's a 3 Plate card, but is only 2 and half slots wide across the card/cooler.

I run two of these matrix cards on an asus rampage 3 (another ROG board)

The issue is the case size, not the board, and how close the psu sits to the board edge

As in sli you will use slots 1 and 3, not 1 and 4 as stated above.

You could try slot 4 but unless you got a massive case you'll bottom out on the psu

Last edited:
I don't think you are counting the PCIe x1 slot as the 2nd slot. It's impossible to use slots 1 and 3 because the Matrix takes up 3 slots, you have to use slots 1 & 4 or 1 & 5. However, if you use 1 & 5, then the headers along the bottom of the mobo will be covered up.

M4E Slots:

1 ----------------
2 ----
3 ----------------
4 ----------------
5 ----------------
6 --------

Back