• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Solved] Tri 6950, Tri 6970, 6990+6970 or 580 SLI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would assume Tri 6950's...especially if they flash. Do the math. ;)

$240 x 3 = $720
$350 x 3 = $1050
$710 + $350 = 1060

6950's will be the 'slowest' of the bunch, but 3 of them will handle 5760x1080.

You probably wouldn't even need to flash them, those cards will perform pretty damned well at stock speeds in tri-fire I bet!

You wont need more than 2gb of memory... 1920 x 1080 for a game like cod black ops uses 800 mb of the onboard memory when in game with everything cranked...

You wont need more than 2gb of memory... 1920 x 1080 for a game like cod black ops uses 800 mb of the onboard memory when in game with everything cranked...

Fair enough, but when you have 3 monitors at that resolution, won't it use more memory?

Each card though as 2gb onboard... I am not well versed in how they will work, but I believe each card will use its own memory for each screen.. Hence 2gb per screen will be more than enough for each running 1920 x 1080..

Each CARD has 2GB of memory, thats it. Each screen does not get 2GB, AFAIK. however I know little of how it would work with three monitors. With one monitor, 2GB is not 4GB, so Im not sure why with three monitors it would be all of a sudden.

Each card has access to only its vRAM, so vRAM isn't added together when rendering frames.

Thats what I was trying to explain.. I just n00bed it up.. I need to go home and shoot people on the Battlefield! :D

Back