• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zalman's MFC 1 Plus Fan controller

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alberttm

Hello guys,

I am to make a hand made wooden PC case, and have recently ordered Zalman's MFC 1 Plus + six 3-pin case fans (4 of them LED, sizes from 80 to 130mm). Thought it won't be problem to connect 6 fans to the controller as it is a 6-channel controller. But got confused after looking to the connection scheme which is suposed to be MFC 1 manual. As I see only 4 channels are connected by 3-pin connector, 2 channels use wiring slots like on amplifier to speaker connections, and one of 3-pin connectors to be connected to the CPU fan. The question is can I still use all the channels on controller for case fans, is two fans' 3-pin connetors to be cut off so I can connet them to the controller, and I am to connect the CPU fan to the standard way to the motherboard and use that one which is intended to be used by CPU fan on controller for one of the case fans instead. Please give your advice and help, if you are using the controller already.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 96
I am a little confused on your question. . . you can hook up 1 fan or fan series per channel. Just be careful if you hook fans up in series on that controller as they are stupid easy to burn up. I personally have burned up 2 of those controllers just using high speed Yate's.

Sorry guys, the model I oredered has 6 3-pin outs, so it is OK. I don't think making a serial or parallel connection is a good idea. So I will just hook my six fans to the six channels on controller. One channel for each fan. The scheme above is for MFC 1 model, the model I oredered is MFC 1 Plus which has all the outs in 3-pin (thus more logical since most of nowadays fans are with 3-pin connectors). Zalman has probably figured out that and made a model with 6 3-pin outs. thank you anyway, it is a great forum.

Back