• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitor Cords

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deltafan909

I have a semi-new LG E2350V 23 inch widescreen monitor. I also have an old 17 inch dell flatscreen from about 5 years back. Both have the cords with the blue plug w/ the dual screws(don't know the name of cord). But, the second monitor(the 17 inch) does not come with a converting white plug like my semi-new one. The blue cords don't fit into my computer. What are these white adapters called? Where can I buy them?

Also, I have two ATI 5770s. Each has two ports for monitors. I am assuming I should plug one into each video card instead of doubling up? Thanks.

http://i53.tinypic.com/orjymr.jpg Top view with iPhone 4...
http://i53.tinypic.com/157hvn5.jpg Back side view with iPhone 4...

the ones with the blue connectors are vga cables, the white adapters are DVI to VGA.

http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/search/results.jsp#searchresultsdiv

I want to get my dual monitors set up working ASAP. So, I think I'll atop by bestbuy tomorrow. How is that adapter above?

The link posted is a mobile link, won't display for me.

But any VGA to DVI adapter should work, they usually do not go for alot. If you are paying more than $8-10 for them, it isn't worth it.
And Best Buy is notorious for overpricing these types of accessories.

maybe this is frowned upon, but what i always do is buy it from best buy, then order it online. Once it gets there return the product to best buy. Just make sure there is no restocking fee. I just bought a Linksys e2000 from best buy for 80 bucks then got the recertified model from newegg for 30 bucks. I do this will all my hardware if i need it next day.

Sure beats paying out the *** for shipping. Plus with cables the price markup can be crazy. Sometimes they want 75 bucks for a cable that you can get on monoprice for 4 bucsk shipped to your door

Thanks guys. I'm on my iPhone right now, so I can't get a normal link. The one I saw at BestBuy is $12.99. No big deal.

i did miss something, if your running cf. then you need to plug both into the top card, since each card can do dual monitors. you would need to break the cf to be able to run 4 monitors or even one on each card.

no it wont, just the image quality might be a bit lower using the converters vs using just all dvi cables.

Push on the card a bit harder? Dunno I think something isn't plugged in completely. Can you test the monitor on a laptop or something else? Could be one of your 5770 inputs.

I found out this is a common problem with crossfired ATI 5770's with dual monitors. Simply disable crossfire, and plug second monitor into second video card. Works find now!

The cord from my monitor to my cards do not fit into my ATI 5770's. They are not compatible, so I got a converter.

The cord isn't removeable from the older monitor? No second (DVI) plug-in on the monitor? (you about have to stand on your head to see them on some monitors).

My older monitor only has a plug that at blue cord can go into; I have no knowledge with monitors. I believe this is VGA? My newer monitor I think can do both VGA or DVI, but I don't have a DVI to DVI cable, so I used the adapter they gave me in the box.

Back