• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Diablo III Beta Gameplay Screenshots & Movie

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Diablo 3 Beta Patch 6 - v0.4.0.7841

In my opinion, the most noteworthy changes of this patch are in the "Battle.net" section.

General
Auction House

• Stackable items can now be purchased and sold on the gold Auction House. These items can be purchased in any quantity, provided that the quantity is available for sale, and will pull from multiple auction listings if needed.
Battle.net

• Player profiles have been added! These profiles will display important statistics for each of your characters, as well as 3D models featuring their current gear.
  • Player profiles will only be viewable while in the main, character select, and party screens. They will not be viewable in-game.
  • To access your player profile, click on your hero or press "P."
  • To view other players' profiles while in a party, right-click on their character. Player profiles for Real ID friends can also be accessed by right-clicking on their names in the Friends List.
  • Achievements are now available for testing. Please note that for the beta launch of this system, only a limited number of achievements have been included.
  • To view your characters’ achievements, click on the "Achievements" icon located in the lower right or press "Y" at any point while playing.
  • To view another character’s achievements while in a party, right-click on their character and select "Inspect."
Classes
Monk

• Active Skills
    • Blinding Flash
      • Spirit Cost reduced from 30 to 10
      • Blind duration increased from 3 seconds to 5 seconds
      • Now has a 15 second cooldown

• Crippling Wave
      • Damage reduced from 135% to 110%

• Dashing Strike
      • Damage increased from 65% to 160%

• Exploding Palm
      • Explosion damage reduced from 40% to 30% of target’s max health

• Fists of Thunder
      • Damage reduced 120% to 100%

• Inner Sanctuary
      • Spirit Cost reduced from 80 to 20
      • Now has a 30 second cooldown

• Lashing Tail Kick
      • Damage increased from 180% to 225%
      • Cooldown removed

• Lethal Decoy
      • Damage increased from 110% to 330%
      • Duration reduced from 5 seconds to 1 second
      • Decoy is now summoned directly on top of the Monk
      • Ability now plays a casting animation

Wizard

• Active Skills
    • Magic Weapon
      • Damage bonus reduced from 20% to 15%
Monsters
General

• Monster affixes “Die Together,” “Powerful,” and “Ghostly” have all been removed from the game

I thought I'd post some notes after much D3 playing.

Pick up EVERY item dropped. Even the broken/cracked ones. After a bit, you get the Nephalem Cube, which can be used to break items down for creating new items via the crafting NPCs. Don't bother selling them, even most magic items are only worth 30 or so gold, and you get plenty if you check everything (barrels, etc) and kill every enemy. I have managed to get a few Fallen Teeth (rare requirement) and somehow a Petrified Bark (Legendary requirement) from a Magic item:shrug:

Sadly, I've found only a few rares, no legendary, and no set items yet. Only had a 30% MF so far, but got some new stuff crafted that should bump that up a bit.

It's been very fun so far, and I can't wait for the real thing.

are there actually legendaries and set items in the beta???

I'm not sure, I was merely saying I hadn't gotten any. Though I think MattNo5ss found a low level set sword, but I can't find that post. If I manage to find any I will be back.

Yep, I found a legendary sword, Griswold's Edge, it's probably just the lowest level unique sword like Rixot's Keen in D2. I haven't come across any set items yet though, they would have to be a very low level set since the beta is only like the first 1/3 of Act 1.

Diablo III Beta Patch 7 - v0.4.1.7931
General

• A trial version of the Diablo III Currency-Based Auction House is now available for testing. To learn more about how this feature will work in the beta, please review the FAQ: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4024156/
  • In order to fully test the Currency-Based Auction House and its features, all characters have been wiped. Please note that this wipe will also affect gold, achievements, followers, and artisans.
Bug Fixes

• The Blacksmith will now properly unlock for all players after completing the quest "A Shattered Crown: Talk to Haedrig Eamon"
  • Fixed an issue with viewing Achievements while in a Public Game
  • Fixed an issue where players in a Solo Game were being kicked by a "party leader"

Every time I see an update in this thread I hope its someone saying FREE BETA FOR ALL, AND TO ALL A SLEEPLESS NIGHT.

..........crawls back into his starcraft hole again.

Whete can I download the beta from ?? anyone ./?

You have to register for beta access on battle.net and hope they send you an invite. I'm not sure if you can still register or not though. You'll have to check on your account on battle.net.

is this going to be point and click to move like the old ones? if that is the case i don't think i will like this game.

Yep, it's click-to-move. One of the things I really like about it is that movement, interacting, and attacking is done with the mouse and the keyboard is used for hotkeys.

You have to register for beta access on battle.net and hope they send you an invite. I'm not sure if you can still register or not though. You'll have to check on your account on battle.net.

Ok thanks i am doing a course at the moment for QA tester so maybe they will take that in consideration. I'm taking it seriously as well for my future career so hopefully ///// I have to get a new motherboard i think still i get some red dots all over the screen when i move the top card in the slot they disappear but i will make a new thread for that issue cus im not sure if it's the motherboard or the GPU's :bang head
PEACE :attn:

Diablo III Beta Patch 8 – v.0.5.0.8059
Released 12/15/11

General
  • Battle.net BattleTags are now live! To learn more about BattleTags and how to set up yours today, check out the official FAQ (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4132437). Please note that in order to log into the Diablo III beta, you must create a BattleTag via Account Management.
  • Due to a change in the way we store character data, all characters have been wiped. Please note that this wipe will also affect gold, achievements, followers, and artisans.
  • Achievements have been temporarily disabled and will not be available again until a future patch. During this time, characters will be unable to earn new achievements or complete any additional objectives of achievements in progress.
  • Players will now see recommended items for their active character when accessing the auction house Search tab.

Classes
  • Barbarian
    • Active Skills
      • Cleave
        • Ability will now deal 115% weapon damage to all targets caught in its swing, rather than 120% weapon damage to the primary target and 90% weapon damage to secondary targets
      • Revenge
        • Radius increased from 8 yards to 11 yards
  • Demon Hunter
    • Active Skills
      • Bola Shot
        • Hatred generation increased from 2 to 3
        • Damage reduced from 105% to 100%
      • Elemental Arrow
        • Hatred cost increase from 5 to 10
        • Damage increased from 125% to 145%
      • Fan of Knives
        • Speed reduced from 200% weapon speed to 140% weapon speed
      • Grenades
      • Hungering Arrow
        • Damage reduced from 90% to 85%
      • Rapid Fire
        • Initial Hatred cost reduced from 30 to 20
  • Monk
    • General
      • A new skill has been added: Cyclone Strike
        • Available at level 7
        • Costs 75 Spirit
        • Pulls all enemies within 24 yards towards you, followed by a furious blast of energy that deals 275% weapon damage as Holy
    • Active Skills
      • Breath of Heaven
        • Spirit cost increased from 25 to 50
        • Healing amount increased by 200%
      • Crippling Wave
        • Base effect duration increased from 4.5 seconds to 5 seconds
      • Lethal Decoy
        • This skill has been removed
      • Mantras
        • Mantra of Conviction, Mantra of Evasion, Mantra of Healing, and Mantra of Retribution
          • Cooldown removed
          • Now costs 25 Spirit
          • Duration increased from 1 minute to 3 minutes
  • Wizard
    • General
      • Signature spells no longer cost Arcane Power, regardless of level
        • These spells include: Magic Missile, Electrocute, Shock Pulse, and Spectral Blade
      • The order in which skills are awarded from levels 1 to 13 has been slightly adjusted:
        • Arcane Orb is now available at level 3
        • Disintegrate is now available at level 8
        • Electrocute is now available at level 13
        • Shock Pulse is now available at level 5
        • Spectral Blade is now available at level 6
    • Active Skills
      • Diamond Skin
        • Cooldown reduced from 25 seconds to 15 seconds
        • Duration reduced from 5 seconds to 3 seconds

Items
  • The introduction of magical items into the game has been slowed

Monsters
  • General
    • Baby Quill demon health increased from 1% to 25% of normal Quill Beast health (they grow up so fast)
  • Affixes
    • Arcane Enchanted will now appear at level 7, up from level 1
    • Mortar will now appear at a level higher than current beta content
    • Plagued poison cloud duration reduced from 12 seconds to 9 seconds

Quests and Events
  • All quests and events have had their item and recipe rewards removed and will now only award gold and experience on completion
    • This does not affect treasure received from event objects for events like the "Jar of Souls”"and only applies to rewards obtained through the quest UI
  • Gold rewards from quests have received a tuning pass

User Interface
  • The Options UI has undergone several improvements, but remains a work-in-progress. Please report any issues in the Beta Bug Report forum.
  • The Friends List has been redesigned to be smaller and more accessible while in other menus and screens
  • The Banner Customization menu has been reworked to improve navigation and usability

Miscellaneous
  • Fire gate damage has been reduced

Diablo III Beta Patch 9 – v.0.5.1.8101
Released 12/20/11

Bug Fixes

• Your BattleTag code will now properly appear in the Add Friend dialog box
  • Fixed an issue with promoting players to Party Leader via in-game portraits
  • Fixed an issue where sending out in-game invites to multiple players could sometimes cause the Party Leader's client to freeze when the invites were accepted
  • Fixed an issue where interacting with a character’s banner in a co-op game could cause a player to become momentarily stuck
  • Fixed an issue where rapidly equipping and un-equipping items from your inventory could sometimes cause the inventory UI to lag out
  • Fixed an issue where quickly adding items from a full inventory into the shared stash would not always move the items over correctly
  • Fixed a number of additional issues and crashes that were affecting gameplay

Diablo III System Changes

Quick bullet point summary, but much more detail in the link above.

• Scrolls of Identification are no longer in the game.
  • Moving the fifth quick slot button, which is becoming a dedicated potion button.
  • We're removing the Mystic artisan.
  • We've decided to remove the Cauldron of Jordan and Nephalem Cube.
  • The Blacksmith artisan will now salvage items.
  • Common (white) items will no longer be salvageable.
  • We're changing core character attributes to Strength, Dexterity, Intellect, and Vitality
  • We're now displaying character stats directly on the inventory UI.
The changes above should be implemented in the future beta patch(es). There are also "blue" comments on the Battle.net forums about beta patch 10 coming in the next few days, possibly as early as tomorrow.

I hope some of the video card manufacterers make a Diablo 3 edition video card. Just sayin in case someone here is in the click that it would be sweet. I built the computer in my sig 3 years ago when they released the Phenom 2 940 be to play D3 thinking it would be released soon and here I am now going to need a new card at minimum.

I'd be surprised if you need a new GPU, D3 doesn't look graphically demanding. But if you want an excuse to upgrade, then D3 is a good one :D

Back