• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Diablo III Beta Gameplay Screenshots & Movie

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So, are they going to be doing these kind of wipes when the game is released? I know the ladders eventually reset (not sure how you ladder in diablo 3) but how does that work? Will it be like WoW in that you can hold onto a character for years or what?

AFAIK, there isn't a ladder in D3 or character wipes, at least at release. Maybe something to add in the future. I really hope they add a ladder...

How does a ladder work, per-say? Is that where you are ranked by your item level or by how quickly you kill the bosses in the game (akin to raiding in WoW?)

In D2, it was solely based on experience gained. When ladder reset the ladder characters would get converted to non-ladder characters, then you would have to start over if you wanted to be in the new ladder season.

The ladder also had it's own ladder-only features/content.

Last edited:
Just looking forward to the open beta this weekend. Servers are going to be hammered but hopefully get a little time playing it.

I'm glad they are doing the open beta to test the servers in a high-stress, release-like situation. It would suck to have the servers crash on release day because they were under prepared, the open beta weekend should help.

well that and FINALLY ill have someone to play with! i hated playing with randoms every game i was in it seemed like everyone was off doing there own quest so ill be happy to try some good old multiplayer

I made it in after about 40 attempts. Did solo game as barbarian. Took about 2 hours to complete it on normal level. PSA - "normal" should be listed as "extremely easy"

I may need to go through as some other classes now.

Normal, nightmare, hell, and inferno are the difficulties. Don't forget there's hardcore mode too.

Got in for about 20min last night.... *drool*

Yup can't wait to get more fun. Just tried to get in but couldn't log in.

Played for about 4 hours or so this morning, went through with my WD and killed the skeleton king at about level 10 (and got two yellow identifiables on that one run). Have now gone back to kill him about 5 more times, nothing more than blue stuff. I think I will try making a demon hunter here soon.

Gotta ask what is peoples favorite characters?

I know barbarian is high on my list... always like the up front and personal with my enemy.

I have tried for several days to log in to any parts of the game and I get all sorts of errors, I posted on the Blizzard forums. I hope to get on again at some point. The little bit of the game I did get to play was pretty cool (although after playing WoW for so long the interface is weird). I also wish that it supported Eyeinfinity so that I could use all 3 of my monitors. (3840x1024) or at least get windowed mode to work right.

Back