• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cat 11.9 are out.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krag

Classifieds Moderator
Looks like they released to drivers today. I have been using the leaked 11.9s for a couple weeks with no problems.

Get em here.....

It seems like every time I turn around ATI is releasing a new version of CCC.... wounder what's been changed/updated in this release....

11.9 Release Notes

Highlights of the AMD Catalyst™ 11.9 Windows release includes:

New Features:

· Enables AMD HD 3D technology support on DisplayPort panels, such as the Samsung 750 and 950 series 3D displays

Resolved Issues for the Windows 7 Operating System:

This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD Catalyst 11.9 software suite for Windows 7. These include:

• STALKER – Call of Pripyat no longer hangs randomly when launching a new game or opening a previously saved game.
  • Scaling options are now correctly displayed when connecting a Digital monitor to the Display port on some video cards.
  • The following games no longer experience random hangs during game loading :
    • Call of Duty – Black Ops
    • F1 2010
    • Dungeon Siege 3
  • The following games no longer hang intermittently during gameplay:
    • Battlefield - Bad Company 2
    • Borderlands
    • Dead Rising 2
  • The following games no longer hangs while running the benchmark :
    • Serious Sam 2
    • Resident Evil 5
    • HAWX 2
  • HAWX 2 no longer displays random flashing black pixels
  • Flashing pixel corruption is no longer experienced while playing F1 2010 and Dirt 2
  • The Windows Event Log no longer reports unwanted Distributed DCOM errors.
  • Negative Crossfire Scaling is no longer occasionally observed while playing EarthSim 2, Battle – Bad Company 2 , Metro and HAWX
  • Video corruption is no longer observed while playing full screen HD WMV format files using PowerDVD with Windows Aero Mode turned off.
  • Blank video playback is no longer observed when hardware accelerations is enabled in VLC 1.1.10
  • Dawn of War II – Retribution no longer exhibits a black screen when alt-tabbing in and out of the game
  • Random display corruption is no longer observed when playing WMV format files using Windows Media Player
  • City of Heroes no longer experiences stuttering after excessive use if in-game Anti-Aliasing slider

Resolved Issues for the Windows Vista Operating System:

This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD Catalyst 11.9 software suite for Windows Vista. These include:

• The screen no longer goes black on when the Aero Desktop is enabled on some Radeon products.
  • Lost Planet 2 no longer randomly crashes when running the benchmark
Resolved Issues for the Windows XP Operating System:

This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD Catalyst 11.9 software suite for Windows XP. These include:

• Enemy Territory – Quake Wars no longer displays random screen corruption
  • Cyberlink PowerDVD no longer hangs when attempting to play a BluRay disc.

Aww man.. I literally just reinstalled 11.8 when I swapped to the new board.

Thanks for nothing ATI.
(just kidding I <3 you) :grouphug:

Looky here! AMD has also released preview Cat 11.10 drivers as well. These drivers are for Win 7 32 & 64 bit.

Release notes:
AMD Catalyst 11.10 Preview driver:

· Improves performance in Battlefield 3 Open Beta release for both non-Anti-Aliasing, and application enabled Anti-Aliasing cases on the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 Series for single GPU configurations

•Improves performance in Battlefield 3 Open Beta release for both non-Anti-Aliasing, and application enabled Anti-Aliasing cases on CrossFire configurations using the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 Series
•Enables support for Eyefinity 5x1 display (portrait and landscape) configurations using the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 Series

· Vision Engine Control Center: User Interface enhancements have been implemented for the CrossfireX, GPU Overdrive, and Information Center pages.

AMD Cat 11.10 download..........

Thanks for the heads up krag :thup:

It's been awhile.. Can I install over the 11.8's or un-install?

I have seen guys here that install over the top of previous drivers with no problem. But I like to eliminate all possible problems and do the unistall>reboot> SAFE mode>Driver cleaner>reboot>install new drivers.

I have never had any issues with this formula.

@Tokae, sucks. Is it after you loggin and are "in game" that you get the bsod?

I have seen guys here that install over the top of previous drivers with no problem. But I like to eliminate all possible problems and do the unistall>reboot> SAFE mode>Driver cleaner>reboot>install new drivers.

I have never had any issues with this formula.

@Tokae, sucks. Is it after you loggin and are "in game" that you get the bsod?

Yea :/

If I play a match, then leave to windows.. then go back, fire up black ops, click a server to join, it will start to load the current map and BAM. BSOD.

atikmag.sys I believe.. Sounds like a generic amd BSOD to me.

Back