• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bf3 & crossfire, any problems?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

creepy

Just wondering if anyone is having issues with bf3 and crossfire.

Card 1 runs at 80-96% and card 2 runs at 6-13% on max settings. Bumped my resolution to 1080p to see what would happen. Fps dropped about 10-15 and gpu activity still stayed the same which makes sense. Doesnt seem to be a bottleneck issue as cpu usage is in the 70% range.

Just wondering if anyone else is having any sort of similar issues.

I am running a 5970 and my usage is 90-99% on both cores. Have you applied the 11.10 hotfix?

Gotta love this forum, 30 views and one reply.

Thanks for the info didnt know anything bf3 specific was out yet (driver wise). They helped but didnt help. Activity on card 1 would max at 96%, it now maxes at 99%. Fps overall increased a good amount in certain areas. As far as getting the other card up to par. No luck. Still a max of 12-13% activity and clocks are still at the idle/low use level. 250 core, and not sure of the ram.

You can try a radeonpro profile, I have had good luck with the Brother's in Arms crossfire profile.

Are you playing in window mode or full screen. I found that my 2nd gpu would be doing next to nothing unless in full screen.As soon as in full screen bam 98-99% usage.

Thanks ohioviper, that fixed it. I had been trying to get into full screen for awhile now, just didnt realise you had to do the alt+enter once youre actually in game rather than while its loading etc. When it didnt work while loading I just though it was a bug.

Long story short, im not sure what the gpu activity is since when i pulled up CCC it minimized the game all the way. But on the first set of mcoms I was seeing fps in the 55-65 range. With fullscreen it doesnt dip below 90-100+ so I know something is working right :).

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Im glad that worked for you. Took me a while of messing around to figure it out. I think others are having some of the same issues.

Do you guys have problems where you will see like almost scan lines appearing on your screen when outside in zone 1? It only happens to me in zone 1 but it's making me crazyyy ahhh!

Do you guys have problems where you will see like almost scan lines appearing on your screen when outside in zone 1? It only happens to me in zone 1 but it's making me crazyyy ahhh!

Yup, I thought my gpu was dieing...

Using radeonpro crossfire profile for "brothers in arms" stops this but it hits fps by about 10frames.

Will the full drivers fix this upon game release? I can deal with it in beta but not when the full game is out.

Thanks ohioviper, that fixed it. I had been trying to get into full screen for awhile now, just didnt realise you had to do the alt+enter once youre actually in game rather than while its loading etc. When it didnt work while loading I just though it was a bug.

Long story short, im not sure what the gpu activity is since when i pulled up CCC it minimized the game all the way. But on the first set of mcoms I was seeing fps in the 55-65 range. With fullscreen it doesnt dip below 90-100+ so I know something is working right :).

Thanks again.
Set it to full screen in the game and you won't have to alt+enter any more.

Back