• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
UD5 is a big no for higher oc. Max cpu voltage in bios = ~1.8V what gives ~1.65-1.7V under light load but board has problems to boot at this voltage. When we set ~1.7V we can get 1.65V idle and ~1.55V under load what is about ok to make 5GHz even without LLC. For that you need really good water cooling but it's possible. Anyway any sub zero cooling seems waste of time on this board.
I also have some problems with memory settings. I can't make 250+ FSB with high memory clock. In any config I end up on ~2300-2400 memory, no matter how high is CPU-NB or voltages. I doubt that's my memory problem as I can boot @2300 cl7 but I can't pass 2400 cl10/11. The same on 3 kits , all on PSC ( so like 10 sticks ). Max stable FSB ~300-305MHz but with memory no more than 1800.
I can make it stable @4.5GHz at least for F@H or anything else that I'm using so it's just right for me for 24/7.

If anyone noticed there is new beta for UD5 ( F7g ) that has APM options and adds core/module management. I'm actually testing it and 1 bug that I found so far is that bios cant read saved profiles or what more any files from removable drives ( at least on usb ).
If all other things will be ok then this board will miss only LLC options... and 2V+ cpu voltage :D

The 990FXA-UD5 has LLC controls that definitely function, rather too well on bios F5 and F6. I'm in the midst of a review waiting for a new BIOS to fix that issue as well as the issue of Core Performance Boost cranking the VID from 1.26 to 1.41v.

The LLC is in the "Advanced Features" section for some unknown reason.

Last edited:
Which revision of board ? I have 1.0 and I don't have LLC in F5, F5b, F5c, F6, D6d, F7a, F7g. All bios versions have the same options except last F7g that has also APM and options to Enable/Disable cores.
I know that there is LLC in UD5 but new revision that was already tested on TweakTown ( I mailed review author but I got no answer about bios version ).

By golly you're right, I have a rev 1.1 PCB!
I didn't realize there even was such a beast, ignore my above comments!

Back