• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I got my Broadband!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Man I'm jealous. Very nice speeds. At least I have 10 mbps up, 10 mbps down fiber optic goodness to look forward to within a couple years

Yeah it might be some hope for the the people out in the west and Central U.S. then you can get away from those greedy ISp's that charge you an arm and a Leg for their service.. but get crappy speeds..

sfa ok said:
Those are really nice speeds! I wish I had that kind of upstream (or that down!) speed!!

Man, you're not kidding. On a great day I get 2900kbps downstream. I can't remember up, but in my area it's a good speed compared to others.

Those are good speeds Ferrari. I had to look twice when I saw 7500 kbps downstream.

yeah I'm a member over at DslR.. we allways get people from other cable Isp's like Road Runer and Comcast.. Always telling us we are so lucky to get these kind of speeds.. Pings are nice in the games.. I was playing Tfc last night.. lol I had the lowest ping.. and that was around 42Ms

jdmcnudgent said:
its a MUST have if you surf the net:D now all ypu need is a router.:burn:

Man you got that right... Me wants to try playing RTCW now.. heheh I downloaded the Single player demo yesterday LOL I wimped out lol I did not want to find out what was going on on their.. But heheh I will try it later on today..

Congrats on the speedy hookup, FerrariF50...about all I can say is WOWOW...still struggling along here with 56K...Someday... :D

jeez

that is AWESOME!!!

that u/l is almost as fast as my d/l:eek:

I have rr and get about 2000/300
but get crapy ping sense there are so many people that have the service

I wish I had a good modem like that. I used to have an Ericsson PipeRider, but that died one day (long story that's actually not my fault for once) so now I have a POS Com21 job.

The funny thing was when i frst got it..I did the speed test.. It was normal.. So over st Dslr in the optimum online fourm you can reqest a firmware update.. I did that and went to test the speed... I was shock!! allmost 8Mbps down!! This is the speeds I got before I had the Firmware update... Refer to the speed test at the top.. thats after I got the firmware update..

What service is that?

What service is that?

I have the modem for my RR account.
I have heard that some cable companies are offering more BW for more money.

What do you pay a month?
Where are you located?

thanks,
Kyle

Re: What service is that?

kyle1745 said:
What service is that?

I have the modem for my RR account.
I have heard that some cable companies are offering more BW for more money.

What do you pay a month?
Where are you located?

thanks,
Kyle

I use Optimum Online

www.optimumonline.com

It's 39.95 per month.. maybe I should give you this page to look at http://www.optimumonline.com/retail/r_generic/1,2994,13,00.html

I live in Connecticut.. Optimum only serves NJ,NY, and CT but not all of NY and NJ have optimum online some have Road Runner.

Back