• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

World of Tanks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks man but I'm just an average player hooked by the game. I really-really need a break but I keep telling this myself since Open Beta. Without any success. :bang head

I signed up, wanting to try it out, but never got the activation e-mail. I have checked my spam folder as well, and nothing.

I'd rather try it out before buying it from EBgames as someone suggested.

I signed up, wanting to try it out, but never got the activation e-mail. I have checked my spam folder as well, and nothing.

I'd rather try it out before buying it from EBgames as someone suggested.

Mine took a while to come the other day.

well mine just came few seconds after but it will come.....
and also if you have another email try it out and make another account....

Still waiting for the activation e-mail. I also used another account and have the same problem. lol I've checked spam folder, etc.

Oh well, I wanted to try it out the other evening. I won't be playing it now. If you can't even get in the game, I can't imagine them being able to solve any issues in a decent timeframe. I'll stick to RIFT and now BF3.

I use AOL.com I've had an account with them for about 15-20 years. Never had any issues with it in the past.

for the newbie??? hum....

stay out of the open ground...
use the cover and stay hidden in the bushes ....
get the high ground...

um...that's about it for now.....

well it might sucks in the fist time but more you play more better you get and more fun it is....

Thanks. I saw a video that someone posted on Youtube which showed him moving around through trees/bushes, etc..

I'll give it a shot this weekend. Thanks for your help.

Ok, so I got in game on Friday. OMG, I am hooked. Still trying to figure out a plan as to which way I want to go, but I ended up with elite status on the three starter tanks as well as the BT2 and Pzkpfw II and Russian T-26(I think that's it)

Working on M2 Medium tank and the PzkpfwII Auf.

I'm not really sure which is the best way to go here? When you get elite status on a tank, should you check off the box to allocate your XP to your crew?

Should I just work on getting 100% crews or pick one path and go down that path as quickly as possible?

I spent 6.95 so I could get anough gold to unlock like 3-4 garage slots. I'm thinking about getting the retail version from Ebgames as someone suggested for the in game credits and gold.

Oh, here is a question, so I've seen the guns that shoot fast(not much damage), shoot slower(more dam) and shoot molasses slow(lots of dam), I'm still trying to figure out which I want for the M2. It's nice to do a lot of damage, but that reload time is a killer, literally. lol

I bought BF3 when it came out but find myself playing this more.

hahahha i told you this thing going to be ******* awesome

now for the burning questions.....
01.what happens when you get crew on 100%?

now when you crew is 100% you concentrate on training the crew in "additional Skills".
there are 3 types of additional skills by default...
I.Camouflage skill
(your tank is more invisible than usual, hard to detect when you hidden in the bushes... and you will get invisible faster than the usual when you got detected...)

II.Repairing Skill
(for a eg. when a module of the thank get completely knocked out(radio,track,Gun,turret and stuff)it get repaired usually around 30 to 20 sec. but when you crew have mastered this skill you crew will repair the modules faster than the usual)

III.Firefighting Skill
(when you tank get hit in the engine some times it caught fire...this will gradually decrees the health of your tank until it get put out by the crew. but when you crew mastered this skill it's more faster)

02.What happens when i transfer my 100% crew in to another tank?

well....first of all you can not transfer crews a cross the nationalities..like USSR to US tank or Germen crew to USSR tank...
but you can transfer crews to new tanks or old one you have in same nationality....
now what happens...?
so when you transfer a crew to another tank the crew is not comparable with the tank. eg. Tiger crew to a King tiger tank... when you transfer the crew you have have to retrain them...unless the skills are like this

100% tiger crew member transfered to King tiger tank
his skill level will indicate that it is 100% but when you taken a look it says... 100%-44%+10%=66%skills, now the -44% is the non compatibility of the crew member....

*now how to get this up to 100% again?

well you have to train the crew again....

now in world of tank there are 3 training level to train a crew when you buy them
I.rapid courses...50% skill(free)
II.Regimental school...75% skill(20000 credits for each crew member)
III.Tank Academy...100%(200 gold for each crew member)

now as i explained earlier, the skills will be downgraded when you transfer....but if you crew member was 100% at the moment you transfered him. it will not cost that much to upgrade them...\

I.rapid courses...80% skill(free)
II.Regimental school...90% skill(20000 credits for each crew member)
III.Tank Academy...100%(i can't remember :))

if not 100% even if it's 99% you have to start over....from the beginning....

also one last thing about crew.....it will not effect the additional skills when you transfer the crew and if the skill was half done when you transfer. it will start climb up from the where it is when the training skill is 100% again....

well that's about it for the crew...and stuff.

Last edited:
now for the GUNS...well...
really interesting topic....

now considering you facts....i recommend you to use cover and camouflage tactics as much as possible because Bigger the gun better the results.....don't go face to face shoot one and be killed if it's too much time to load the gun....

now if the small guns in the lower levels are too slow, then i don't know what gun will be fast for you .... i mean bigger the more time...
now...i say this is a classic case of playing more Battle Filed and Call of duty...
Don't expect a 105mm GUN to load as fast as a AK47 LOL.......
This are tanks bro....

now back to the point....

01.what are this ammunition types?

well there are 3 types...
01.Armor piercing (aka AP )
02.AP composite-rigid(aka "PRE amo" that WOT players call it, need gold to buy)
03.High-explosive(aka HE)

Armor piercing (aka AP )
AP is the default amo of a tank .....uses for penetrate the armor of a tank

AP composite-rigid(aka "PRE amo" that WOT players call it, need gold to buy)
an AP amo type that packs more punch than the normal AP. for eg. if AP penetration is 100mm, APCR penetration is around 125mm and more damage than AP......i wold say waist of money...

High-explosive(aka HE)
has a little core and a hole lot of explosive packed in....hits the enemy tank explode and weaker the armor and the small core penetrate and damage the tank...

02.what is the best time to use HE?
simply when you encounter an armor that can not be damage by AP use HE ....the damage will be lot less but, better than nothing right.....

and one more thing i'm South Asian (sri lankan). so my English can be bit wrong,ugly,i can't understand a thing and something like that......
well...at least i tried ... right! lol

Last edited:
Thank you for your help. I just got the activation on my AOL e-mail. I prefer to use that one. I went too many ways on the first account. Thinking of using the aol account and just going down the German tree. Btw, can I sell/trade tanks from one account to another?

Also you can take a look at this page. Take a break, grab a coffee/beer/soda/whatever and read. You'll understand game mechanics better after that. :)

About crew. It doesn't worth to transfer crew until Tier 5 or 6. After that try to train them as high as possible and then transfer/retrain then on new vehicle.
madhawa101 explained very well the mechanics beyond crew transfer.
Also try to train/retrain them for credits. 75% is a big difference compared to 50%.
Also don't forget about modules and consumables. From tier 5 you'll need them badly. Rammer and Ventilation are almost standard for any tank/TD/SPG. You'll have your load time reduced and all crew skills improved by 5%. Third module depends on tank and your preferences.

You cannot trade tanks between accounts and pay attention at multiple accounts, it's not permitted on the same server (but you can have multiple accounts for US/EU/RU/CN servers).

As a tip, whatever Tier you reach always keep one/two elite vehicle(s) from Tier 5/6 as moneymakers because even with Premium account when you'll reach Tier 9/10 is hard to gain credits for sustaining your tanks.
For example I'm on standard account and I have Object 212 (I call it OP 212 -OverPowered 212 :D) for gaining credits so I can play my T34/30, Patton, IS-4 and Object 704 without headaches.

Happy hunting. :salute:

LE: Later on when you'll be familiarized with game/interface you can use some mods to help your gameplay.
For example this is what I use ATM

And how it looks

Let's see what we see in that screenshot.
- Overtarget markers - HP/name of vehicle and floating damage dealt.
- GREPA's icons - I see on a glance what classes/vehicles I meet in battle
- n0rdi's reload timer - reload in seconds and transparent damage panel with hits I've taken
- minimap 75% - stock one is horrible in full-HD
- hi-res textures- nothing to add, image is more crispy/detailed
- debug panel clock - cosmetic one, I like much how it looks now and from time to time I take a peek at clock to know when to go to bed :D

Now what we cannot see in that screen
- color messages - replacement for dull ones in garage.
- Sniper FPS - remove that sniper scope and gun smoke to see where my ghost shell is heading and to remove severe FPS's drop in sniper mode
- Voice CoD - hilarious
- Scarab's garage - replacement for stock one

Last edited:
Hmmm.. Maybe I'll just keep the original account since I have researched a lot of stuff. If I sell a tank and items from it, I can always rebuy it, correct? I don't lose any research I have done in that tree, right? Do I lose Elite Status from that tank? I'd probably keep the crew in case I decide to rebuy it. I'm all over the place right now. I think I have 2 tanks from each nationality and a 3rd from Russia. I'm thinking of just picking on Nationality and work on their tech tree to unlock better tanks.

Thank you for the info. I can't see the pics because of work, but I'll take a look at it when I get home. Where can I get mods for the game?

[edit] Ok, I managed to look at the pics on my phone and those mods are nice. Yes, the standard minimap sucks. I am running the game on a 30" monitor and had to go 1920 x 1200 instead of 2560 x 1600 because of the small minimap. Hopefully this will help.

Thank you very much for the info.

Last edited:
If I sell a tank and items from it, I can always rebuy it, correct? I don't lose any research I have done in that tree, right? Do I lose Elite Status from that tank?
Nope, everything researched remains. If you want to buy it again you'll have it in Elite status again (of course if you reach Elite) or in whatever status it was before selling it.
As for mods dig in Mods section of your forum. For EU we have this section. For US forum I guess this is the Mods section.
You have plenty of mods or skins to choose. Just pick whatever suits your taste and have fun. :)

Back