• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

World of Tanks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well I've been playing the IS-2 a.k.a. the tank of the month. With the 30% tank bonus increase along with the 30% top 3 damage increase I've been making around 40-60k a game AFTER repairs/re-arming. It's like a free premium tank :)

Yeah. I love mine. 62% winrate in it so far. It is a beast. I'm not fairing so well with the WZ-131 or the T-34-1, though.

I did great with the T-34-1. Actually completed the grind to the T-34-2 without ever unlocking the radio or engines! Now the T-34-2, that thing is a POS! I swear that tank is going to get the best of me. Both top guns for it are terrible. I'm to the point now where I may free XP the grind and buy back the T-34-1 while continuing on with the WZ-120.

I just buy some gold today, i'm looking to buy a good tank that cost around $6500 gold, what tank should i got
I need a reasonably fast tank, maybe a medium tank with a devastating canon, and i don't play arty.
Any suggestion is appreciated.

I just buy some gold today, i'm looking to buy a good tank that cost around $6500 gold, what tank should i got
I need a reasonably fast tank, maybe a medium tank with a devastating canon, and i don't play arty.
Any suggestion is appreciated.

6500 gold? I'd get a bunch of tier 5 premiums, 75% crews, and set that crew training accelerator to full blast! Premium tanks aren't like premium guns in other games. They are made for crew training, additional XP, and additional credits. They're also made to be slightly average for their tier. Popular to contrary belief the game is not pay to win.

Maybe...

Ram II 1,750
T25 1,500
Matilda BP or Matilda 1,750
Churchill III or Excelsior 1,500

6500 gold? I'd get a bunch of tier 5 premiums, 75% crews, and set that crew training accelerator to full blast! Premium tanks aren't like premium guns in other games. They are made for crew training, additional XP, and additional credits. They're also made to be slightly average for their tier. Popular to contrary belief the game is not pay to win.

Maybe...

Ram II 1,750
T25 1,500
Matilda BP or Matilda 1,750
Churchill III or Excelsior 1,500

The reason i ask for good tank is because recently, i just upgrade to 2 tier 6 tank, T21 and M6, both are good tank but every time i play a random match, i got throw in a match where most of the tank are tier 7 8 and 9 and my 2 tier 6 tank are out gun, low health compare to other tank, plus my tank doesn't really do any damage again heavy tank at all(i'm sure you know that a tier 6 tank is no match again a tier 8 or 9 tank) :D
So what i need is a tank with gun that go "BOOM", tier 5 tank are ok but i already have 2 "cash earning" tier 5 tank so i don't need more, only have 10 garage slots.

What does your fleet consist of right now? Tanks that go BOOM are a little higher on the gold tree. I.E. SU-122-44, T34, & IS-6. Maybe consider a TOG II but it is ungodly slow with gobs of hit points. Either way I'd like to see what's currently in your garage.

Also keep note that many low tier premium tanks have preferential match making.

Don't have picture now because i'm on my laptop and it not powerful enough to run WoT.
But here what i got in my garage
M4, M7 and T21 heavy tank at "cash earning tank", i usually make no less than $9000 with those tank
T21 light tank and M6 heavy tank at main battle tank both tier 6(fully research)
M2 medium, Locus are premium tier 3 tank, T14 is my premium tier 5 tank
All of those tank above is ok, good for battle lesser foes but when it come to major battle with tier 8 tank, i die within 3 minute, not cool at all, loosing suck.

I'd keep either the M4 or the M7 since they're both tier 5 American mediums. If you get the Ram II you can use either of those crews without penalty or retraining.

The T21 is a pass through tank to the autoloaders. Many hate it and even some free XP through it.

M6 is a love hate tank. The T29 after it, when fully researched, is absolutely amazing. Many look at it as the best Tier 7 in the game let alone the best Tier 7 Heavy. I know I free XP through the M6 as it has such a bad rap.

I'd hold off on buying any premium tanks until you learn the game a bit better.

Just buy 12000 gold($50) and another 6500 gold($30) and i have play WoT for a month now so i think i know enough about the game, i just want to ask what good tank should i buy with the gold i got and i already have an answer.
But thank for the advise.

I'd hold off on buying any premium tanks until you learn the game a bit better.

wrong answer. telling people to not support the game they enjoy is the very wrong answer.

@asusrog - For $50, there are many great tanks you can get. However, what I think ratbuddy was trying to say (and failed terribly at) was don't get premium tanks that are higher in tier than your current highest tier as you likely aren't 'ready' to play with players who have thousands or 10's of thousands of games and know little tricks you don't because you don't have the experience.

However, there are some great tier 5 and 6 premies that are fun to run. I love my LeFH18B2, Excelsior and TOG II*. A clanmate of mine loves his T25. I have another clanmate who likes the DickerMax and PzIV Schmalturm.

Besides, with the amount of gold you have, you can get 2-3 tier 5-6 Premies for the cost of 1 tier 8 premie.

.....@AsusRog - For $50, there are many great tanks you can get. However, what I think ratbuddy was trying to say (and failed terribly at) was don't get premium tanks that are higher in tier than your current highest tier as you likely aren't 'ready' to play with players who have thousands or 10's of thousands of games and know little tricks you don't because you don't have the experience.

However, there are some great tier 5 and 6 premies that are fun to run. I love my LeFH18B2, Excelsior and TOG II*. A clanmate of mine loves his T25. I have another clanmate who likes the DickerMax and PzIV Schmalturm.

Besides, with the amount of gold you have, you can get 2-3 tier 5-6 Premies for the cost of 1 tier 8 premie.

Thank for your advise but last night, after looking through all the heavy tank that available to buy, i decide to go with the Russian IS-6 elite heavy tank for 11000 gold, this baby pack some serious firepower. :D
Reason that i need a tank with "killer cannon" is every time i play a random battle, i end up going again tier 7 8 and 9 tank and my 2 tier 6 tank is a joke to them, got blow up with one shot, never last more than 3 minute again those guy plus the gun on my tier 6 tank is not powerful enough to damage those fearsome tank.
Oh and do you have any tricks you would like to share with a WoT newbies.

Last edited:
Buying an IS-6 at this early stage will just screw your team out of a contributing player. You really have no idea how tier 8 games work yet. At least work up to the IS-3 and play a few dozen games before you buy the premium version.

Frank, I didn't fail at saying what I meant to say. I don't think WG should even sell premiums to players who haven't earned and played a non-premium tank of that tier. I also think tier 5 premiums overall are a waste of money. Better off with a single tier 7 or 8 premium than two or three tier fives.

edit: BTW, tier 6 tanks do not see tier 9 tanks, unless it's one of the scout tanks. M6 will never see tier 9 opponents unless you platoon with something that does.

....edit: BTW, tier 6 tanks do not see tier 9 tanks, unless it's one of the scout tanks. M6 will never see tier 9 opponents unless you platoon with something that does.

Don't know what you were talking about, i just play 3 match in random battle, use a T21 light tank(tier 6) went up again 2 tier 9 tank, one is an SPG, the other is a t-54, didn't have a chance to fire a third round :(
On other match, i use my new IS-6 tank and kill a Russian KV-13 and a German Panther II all by myself with no help, just about to blow up a US T32 tank but another SPG steal my kill, could have never done all that with my 2 tier 6 tank

Has WOT gone F2P? it looks quite interesting but I already pay for swtor...

completely 100% free.

However, for those that want to 'pay' for it, here is what paying will get you:

You can buy 'premium' which gets you 50% more experience and credits per battle. Makes grinding quicker.

You can buy 'premium' tanks that make many more credits per battle than their regular counter-parts, and you can train tank crews in them for free (no retraining, example, american heavy tank crews in the american premium heavy tank T34). However, premium tanks are not better than regular tanks except for credit generation. They are designed to be average or slightly below average for their tier.

And you can spend a tiny bit of money and buy more garage slots (though there have been a few weekend events recently where you can 'unlock' some by completing an event).

The game is completely free, it just takes longer to grind to tier 10 than if you don't buy premium, and it takes longer to earn credits to buy tank modules.

Back