• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

World of Tanks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Heads up to anyone that is trying to tank after last week's Windows 67 updates while using AMD CCC 15.7 (another update).

WoT would crash to desktop over and over. Up to three times in one battle. Results - death by drowning, death by enemy when the tank 'drove' to the clearing, etc.

Only did I get this resolved yesterday morning after some Event Log diving and Google-induced knowledge farming.

The primary issue I had was a file called atiumdag.dll was creating an error situation for the game. This file is part of the CCC driver.

I had previously used DDU to clean out the display drivers and then reloaded 15.7 onto my i7 4770K, R290X machine. The game continued to crash to desktop.

After trying to do a /SCANNOW from the command window, my computer had enough and presented the Blue Screen memory dump just after starting to load Windows. I then had more than a display driver issue.

I had to do a System Restore and then loaded a previous CCC (15.6).

Now I tank without issue. And the Windows Update did not interfere after it was completed (System Restore point was using a point prior to the update).

There are numerous issues with WoT 0.9.9 and AMD's CCC update. I have missions to complete and this Blue Screen Dance of Death gets me no XP for my next tank!

I just tried wot for the first time and for a free game I am very impressed! The maps get repetitive but it is sure fun. World of Warships is even more fun. What a great franchise!

Has anyone tried the sweeds yet? Oh my the heavies are good. I'm on the tier 8 now and I got nearly 2k damage every game.

I was gone for almost a year as well. Small learning curve but I think I'm getting back to it. The new spotting mechanics is nice.

I've kept on playing. 13 X's at last count with almost as many IX's.

I like the Swedish TD line so far. I'm up to the VIII UDES with siege mode. I always get a grin how it looks like a jacked up low rider on a hill. Also cammo and binoc stay green even when rotating in siege mode.

Only up to the Swedish VI in the tank line. Good to hear that the higher ones are good! :thup:

Back