• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

World of Tanks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well here is my account. Besides it getting boring doing the same thing over and over again, I guess the other reason I stopped playing is it really sucks to try and advance without a premium account, especially if you get used to having one for a long time. Gold is a little too expensive IMO and if you want to hold on to a premium account it can be like $15 a month. It is a fun game if you are new to it though but it gets tiring after a while.

Oh yea love the Deutsch Panzers. With my wife's family being from Deutschland, I love learning as much as I can about the history. That plus the Panzerkampfwagen Tiger Ausf. B was a damn nice tank.
well i love Germen tanks...

i mean they are the only one had tanks in world war II :D other like card board boxes lol

look at them!
M3 lee
KV
KV-5

Well here is my account. Besides it getting boring doing the same thing over and over again, I guess the other reason I stopped playing is it really sucks to try and advance without a premium account, especially if you get used to having one for a long time. Gold is a little too expensive IMO and if you want to hold on to a premium account it can be like $15 a month. It is a fun game if you are new to it though but it gets tiring after a while.
well i'm going about it in hard way....

you know what that mean NO premium.....
well in next comeing updates you will be able to convert credits to Gold, it's just a waiting game

well i love Germen tanks...

i mean they are the only one had tanks in world war II :D other like card board boxes lol

look at them!
M3 lee
KV
KV-5

well i'm going about it in hard way....

you know what that mean NO premium.....
well in next comeing updates you will be able to convert credits to Gold, it's just a waiting game

yea I had premium all through the beta and most of the time I played through release. Once I decided to stop paying for it I lost money on all the tanks I wanted to play so I dropped it lol.

122mm is the best gun isn't it ?
cost about 1023 each sell credits if i'm right...

USSR KV3 gun 122mm=88mm short tiger gun Germen

107mm is a better gun for the KV-3. Costs MUCH less to shoot, more accurate, fires almost twice as fast, and only does 90 damage less. DPS is way higher with it. The 122 on the KV-3 is notorious for being one of the worst guns in the game, especially when you have to use it on the IS or IS-3.

This thread has piqued my curiosity... outside of the cost of the game, how much real cash do you have to plunk down to be competitive?

So far I've spent $6.95 for some gold. Exchanged it in game for silver to buy upgrades that any one could get and a extra tank slot. I just did it this way to make it faster. The premium tanks can be taken out by normal tanks. Only a few tanks cost gold which you have to use real cash to get, about 95% are normal tanks costing silver. You can download the game at ebgames for $19.99 and you get $10.00 in gold, $10.00 premium subscription (1 month), & a tank ($5.00). The one month premium you get double XP and credit, which goes towards new tanks and upgrades.

Last edited:
So far I've spent $6.95 for some gold. Exchanged it in game for silver to buy upgrades that any one could get and a extra tank slot. I just did it this way to make it faster. The premium tanks can be taken out by normal tanks. Only a few tanks cost gold which you have to use real cash to get, about 95% are normal tanks costing silver. You can download the game at ebgames for $19.99 and you get $10.00 in gold, $10.00 premium subscription (1 month), & a tank ($5.00). The one month premium you get double XP and credit, which goes towards new tanks and upgrades.

Thanks for the info, I may give it a try.

This thread has piqued my curiosity... outside of the cost of the game, how much real cash do you have to plunk down to be competitive?

The game is free but it costs gold to buy more slots for tanks, and most importantly, a premium account which gives you +50% experience and credits. It helps a lot to advance faster, and one you get to around tier 7 or 8, you will start to lose credits without a premium account, so you either need to buy a premium account or keep lower tier farming tanks to make money to find your higher tiers. or you could buy a high tier premium tank which prints credits.
I think I spent like $60 over 6 months.

to be competitive???

to be exact 0$...
well when you get in
it doesn't give a battle with...T1(tier1) tank against T10,T8 or T9....
it just give T1 vs T1 well you have to try it too see.....

omg people.....yes buying tank slot is reasonable... i mean i got my King tiger with just spending 0$.....
yes it is good to have a good gun by your side at the beginning.....but it's not all about the GUN or the Thing you drive to battle...it's about the round thing on top of you shoulders

i mean it's free so play free......
and i will continue to play like this....till the update comes(yes the one that you can convert Credits to gold)....... yes i'm a cheep bastered but....
well if i wona spend money i would download that crappy COD BO DLCs

and i will play for My E100 even it's takes me a year.....

Last edited:
I started playing this game cause of this thread, I must say its pretty good. Had to edit a file so I could run it in eyefinity and it makes it better then!

At first its a little hard but I have yet to spend anything and im getting better and better. Took me a while to figure things out. Reading the forums and the gaming wiki, along with the intro videos helped a lot.

Back