• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED How to use nvflash

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

capttripppp

This may be a dumb subject, however since I have never used this program before I would rather make sure I am doing it right rather then brick the card. So I have a GTX 465 (doesn't have the right amount of chips to unlock to 470) and I would like to raise the cap on the voltages. I have already modded the bios and am ready to flash it. I pull up nvflash for windows and I get intimidated because I don't know any of the command lines. So if someone could provide a step by step for using the program in windows I would be eternally thankful. Thank you

Here's what I do:

0) Be very, very, very sure you have the right bios, and only one GPU in the system.
1) Put the new bios file in the same directory as nvflash. (I like c:/nvflash, easy to get to)
2) Fire up the command line, get to the nvflash directory.
3) Type "nvflash -4 -5 -6 biosfilename.rom", no quotes.
4) Hit enter.
5) If it gives you nonsense about a protected bios, type nvflash /? and find the flag for unlocking the bios, use it, then go to #3.
6) Party!

Standard disclaimers about bricking hardware apply.

Everytime I try to type in the command line it changes to a different set of instructions i.e. I it n and it goes somewhere I hit v it goes somewhere etc etc until it closes itself out. Basically it's not letting enter the command line. Basically I start the exe and the windows comes up but I can't put anything into aside from a single letter. What am I doing wrong?

Alright, I might be a little daft, but I cannot for the life of me open nvflash in command line. Everything I read is not helping me. If someone could give me a step by step instructions to opening up nvflash in the CLI I would be eternally thankful. All of the guides I see online are to use a flash drive or something similar. Now I am under the impression that the version of nvflash that I have can used in windows.? Is this so? Thanks

Try this one.

You basically, just open a cmd prompt, change the directory to where your nvflash files and BIOS are located, then type "nvflash bios.rom -5 -6" where “bios” is your BIOS name.

Thank you for the reply good sir, however I have one more probably incredibly stupid question: if nvflash is in a folder on the desktop, how do I change the directory to get to it. i.e. what is the exactly command line to do so. (like I said probably a dumb question.... I am just unfamiliar with command lines)

cd <directory>

That's the command, just put in the directory to your file for <directory> like so "cd desktop\folder"

Sounds like you're still not in the right directory. Is there a folder in the folder or something?

ok my directory right now reads C:\users\bench\desktop\nvflash> I just tried the command line from the guide but I get the same error as above. Also I just pulled everything from the folder and placed it directly on the dektop along with the bios etc etc
Edit: I placed everything on the desktop before i got the command directory to work

I got it sorry for being so daft, but I sincerely appreciate the help:thup:
edit: new voltage tops out at 1212 so it was a go! Now that I have done the command prompt thing I will not forget Thanks again

Glad you got it figured out. Putting everything on the desktop would have been my next suggestion...lol.

Back