• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crysis with a 6870 and a Sandy Bridge i5?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Guywiththegun

Registered
Just wondering how Crysis should run with that rig (High Settings)? I'm getting some low fps at times. I know Crysis is legendary in the specs required to run it at high settings, but I want to make sure there isn't something wrong.

HD6870 (dual fan)
Core i5 Sandy Bridge
8 gb Ram

It's playable at max everything for me. It'll dip into the low 20s at times, but usually it's over 30. That being said, it does feel kinda... sluggish a lot.

I'd think that with that GPU, you should haven't any issues at all. I'll let someone else chime in though, as i'm two generations behind on GPUs :)

there is a crysis benchmark tool . download it and do a few runs and post one . what res do you use ? . when you say High Settings do u mean very high + aa

That benchmark tool doesn't seem to work for me. I think it has something to do with it being installed on Steam.

When I say high settings I mean just high settings (not very high) and yes, AA is on.

Just wondering how Crysis should run with that rig (High Settings)? I'm getting some low fps at times. I know Crysis is legendary in the specs required to run it at high settings, but I want to make sure there isn't something wrong.

HD6870 (dual fan)
Core i5 Sandy Bridge
8 gb Ram

Have you installed the latest drivers for your GPU and patched the game to the latest patch? Should run very smoothly with 0 or 2X AA AF on that setup.

I had AA set to 8x . .

I scaled it back to 2x and its a big improvement. Turning off Vsync was another improvement (but strangely turning it back on didn't seem to change much).

It still slows down at times, in big open areas, but nothing like I was getting before. Is that to be expected? I've developed this super hawk eye when it comes to fps dropping and it just takes me right out of the game, ugh.

Back