• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Forza 4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathman20

High Speed Premium Senior
Ah just picked up my copy. Lucky too that I was able to snag the Limited Edition, they where totally dry til I looked one more time a different isle at BB and there she was, someone hid it probably to come pick it up later. SUCKER ITS MINE!

:)

Get my racing game fix on.

Got to play a little bit of it last night, though was having more fun with the Autovista feature checking out the cars in and outs and the commentary from the Top Gear guy.. The real one!

Just between the demo and the few races I played so far. The AI seems better. Saw a few times cars going off the track in the corners, was amusing. Detail definatly a step up from before. Handling and all that stuff can't say yet, as well as tweaking options and such. Just played a few races and some of the features to unlock Autovista commentary. BTW there is some cool races like hitting the pins for points, and even a soccer field (aka football since its Top Gear track) that you can knock a ball around.

Overall game is only 2Gigs bigger then before from what it looks like. Anyways soon more gaming :)

Can't believe no one else has responded.

I own Forza, Forza 2, Forza 3, Forza 4 and Gran Turismo 5 (and played 1-4). This is, by far, the best racing game I've played. The World Tour is actually hard as it scales with how much you win. Everything about this game is amazing.

Can't believe no one else has responded.

I own Forza, Forza 2, Forza 3, Forza 4 and Gran Turismo 5 (and played 1-4). This is, by far, the best racing game I've played. The World Tour is actually hard as it scales with how much you win. Everything about this game is amazing.

Same suprised no one else mentioned a thing yet. As well I have had Forza 1-4, GT1-3

Ok im not the only one that noticed that AI seems to be improved a bit then.

I've noticed that the AI is very aggressive on the hardest setting. At the beginning, they couldn't even keep up, but now they will play bumper cars in the corners without even thinking. I'm not sure I like this. I could be 200-300 ft in front of second place and I end up in the wall because they ram into me.

I've noticed that the AI is very aggressive on the hardest setting. At the beginning, they couldn't even keep up, but now they will play bumper cars in the corners without even thinking. I'm not sure I like this. I could be 200-300 ft in front of second place and I end up in the wall because they ram into me.

Just playing on the Hard setting for me added a nice challenge (yup im not that good) but they where playing bumper cars with me. Im the one that initiates that not them! Kinda nice to see them getting a little dirty. Just remember hard with the 3rd one and it wasn't anywhere near this.

I've been playing slowly since I got it, just hit level 50 a few minutes ago. I'm currently on race 20/24 of the Championship Series (year 9). I got my BMW E92 M3 at A600 and it is tuned absolutely perfect. I'm constantly posting times in the top 2% of any race and the car just feels "right". There are even a few tracks where I have the fastest BMW in the list. The only "assist" I'm running with is the clutch, because I can't easily do it on a controller. No traction control, no stability control, no ABS, simulation steering, etc. I love it.

I dislike the AI roughness, compared to Forza 3. If you are where they want to be on the track, you are getting hit. I'd say I'm restarting the race after the first few corners ~40% of the time because I either end up backwards on the track, lose a huge amount of ground from being pushed or rear-end another car because they slam on the brakes. Once I get in front, I'm fine.

Last edited:
I've been playing slowly since I got it, just hit level 50 a few minutes ago. I'm currently on race 20/24 of the Championship Series (year 9). I got my BMW E92 M3 at A600 and it is tuned absolutely perfect. I'm constantly posting times in the top 2% of any race and the car just feels "right". There are even a few tracks where I have the fastest BMW in the list. The only "assist" I'm running with is the clutch, because I can't easily do it on a controller. No traction control, no stability control, no ABS, simulation steering, etc. I love it.

I dislike the AI roughness, compared to Forza 3. If you are where they want to be on the track, you are getting hit. I'd say I'm restarting the race after the first few corners ~40% of the time because I either end up backwards on the track, lose a huge amount of ground from being pushed or rear-end another car because they slam on the brakes. Once I get in front, I'm fine.

I totally agree on the AI, I am a pretty good driver with the controller, and even I am having problems with them butt-checking me into corners. Namely anything that is undulating, they just ram me off into no-man's land.

What controller did you play it with?

I played GT5 Prologue with the dual shock 2 and it was horrible.

Playing with a wheel (like I do on the XBOX) makes a big difference.

I think they're both great games, but Forza gets my gaming hours.

hello, excuse me for resurrecting an old thread...but i just saw an Xbox 360 boxing day sale and am really considering buying one!
it's a 4gb Console only included with 1 wireless controller...
but my main question is, forza 4 or Gran Turismo 5?!?!
i am into simulation car racing games, but i am also very interested in the car customisation and of course graphics. i'm searching online but can't quite find comparisons between the extent of customisation the 2 games offer.
i've seen pictures of GT5 cars in threads like this:
http://www.iwsti.com/forums/pictures-photography/206384-gran-turismo-5-picture-thread-4.html

and the car customisation looks pretty decent. does Forza 4 does this worse or better?
if the game i'm looking for is GT5, then i don't think i'll be purchasing the Xbox 360...i'd just like some insight from you guys seeing as you've played both :)
thanks!

EDIT:
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i314/baekchungum/Gran Turismo 5/RedBullHangar-7_8.jpg
http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss128/ropie313/Kyoto-Gion.jpg
this is the type of stuff i want to be able to achieve. does Forza 4 have such a nice wheel selection as well?

I own both GT5 and Forza 4. I don't play GT5 at all and wouldn't suggest it to anyone.

The physics in Forza are better.
The engine and tire noises are much better in Forza -- GT5 sounds like a joke.
The game looks just as good
There are no silly "premium" and "regular" limitations on the cars -- they are all full quality.
There are a ton of races in Forza. The main issue I had with GT5 is you had to grind for very specific cars for one or two races and it was not fun.
You don't have to wait for a specific car to show up in the "daily deals" and hope you get it, like in GT5.
The DLC cars in Forza are awesome and added monthly.
The controller for the 360 is better -- throttle/brakes with the back buttons are much easier than trying to use a joystick with the PS3.

I'm sure there are many others I can list, but you get the point.

The physics are a joke even on all realistic settings. I'll take GT5 and my G27 any day.

GT5 couldn't hold a candlestick to Forza.

I haven't played Forza in a while, I'm sure they already released the December Car Pack? The November pack had a lot of great cards in it, namely the 2012 Charger.

Yeah, the December one has been out for a while and is the best so far. The Raptor is wicked fun to drive in the lower brackets.

I own both GT5 and Forza 4. I don't play GT5 at all and wouldn't suggest it to anyone.

The physics in Forza are better.
The engine and tire noises are much better in Forza -- GT5 sounds like a joke.
The game looks just as good
There are no silly "premium" and "regular" limitations on the cars -- they are all full quality.
There are a ton of races in Forza. The main issue I had with GT5 is you had to grind for very specific cars for one or two races and it was not fun.
You don't have to wait for a specific car to show up in the "daily deals" and hope you get it, like in GT5.
The DLC cars in Forza are awesome and added monthly.
The controller for the 360 is better -- throttle/brakes with the back buttons are much easier than trying to use a joystick with the PS3.

I'm sure there are many others I can list, but you get the point.
It is awesome how you replied back to such an old thread! to be honest, i was just looking for points to draw me away from forza. but seeing as it's the opposite i'm not going to hesitate to puchase the xbox. There are some parts of gt5 that seem shocking. for instance like you stated, the standard and premium cars...i believe they just added the option to install aftermarket wheel on the standard cars? i've also seen sound clips between cars in both games. Some of the gt5 cars just don't sound right.

No problem. I play this game quite often, so I don't mind responding to the thread. :)

Let us know how you like it when you get it.

i've just watched a few youtube videos of the game in cockpit mode. i think i'm sold lol.
what is the car list like in Forza? i like all the japanese cars GT5 offers, so does Forza have at least a decent amount of these?
Integra/Civic Type R, old school Nissans, old school STis and Evos?
i'd love to get my hands on some of these cars in the game

Back