• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mod a APC SUA750i for a external batterypack?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-=Mr_B=-

I was sort of wondering if anyone knew what you can, or cant do with the unit. APC respond simply with a "There is no external battery-pack for this unit." Thats not exactly the answer i'd like to hear, and not all that logical either. Seeing as there is a somewhat triangular shaped connector at the rear of the unit, claiming to be a "battery connector".
B!

The triangle on the bottom you are referring to, is the equivalent of a disconnect.

There is not an external battery pack for these units.

IF you want, you can follow the lead of a thread on here where a member got bored and hooked up a car battery. Read the thread, do your research and realize that it does not grant the ability to do anything other then run for a longer period of time. You cant raise how much power it handles, only the run time but you also risk frying the UPS when it has to recharge the battery.

Of course it would only add runtime. The amount of stored energy doesn't help with driving a larger load due to the limitations of the hardware that has to chop it up and make it 230v AC.

I found the thread, i think. I'll look it over later today, thanks.
B!

Back