• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need a quiet efficient PSU 350-400w and heatsink for AMD XP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey look, two new guys...

Welcome to the Forums

Anyway, Enermax is your best bet... They are well known for being very quiet, as well as packing a lot of power.

Here are the best deals I could find for Enermax(quality is worth the money).
Enermax 350 Watt for $48

My recomendation:
.Enermax 430 Watt for $74

These power supplies also exhaust more air than most of the other brands out there

For a quiet HeatSink Fan, I'd buy the Alpha pal8045 Heatsink and put a low output fan on it. If your planning on overclocking, you will want to get a large noisy fan and put a rheostat(speed controller) on it. That way it is only noisy while being overclocked.

Last edited:
Thnx for welcoming ... :D
I've been a member here for about 2 years. But because I mostly reading and not writing recenly I discovered that I have to reregister myself. :p

Antec 400W with temp controlled fan...that way it is quiet when your running cool, but when it needs more RPMs, it just increases the fan RPMs. As for heatsinks, millennium glaciator II is very quiet and works great!

Zalman 6000 Cu has the quietest fan per cooling power. It can handle any current XP processor at full speed and most at "quiet" fan setting.

Even full speed is pretty quiet.

Note that this is the newer (larger) Zalman. I'm not sure the original version is 2000+ compatible.

I have the Antec PS and it seems pretty loud to me. By far the loudest part of my PC. Maybe if I had less junk attached to it, it would be quieter.

Ugmore Baggage said:
Zalman 6000 Cu has the quietest fan per cooling power. It can handle any current XP processor at full speed and most at "quiet" fan setting.

Even full speed is pretty quiet.

Note that this is the newer (larger) Zalman. I'm not sure the original version is 2000+ compatible.

I have the Antec PS and it seems pretty loud to me. By far the loudest part of my PC. Maybe if I had less junk attached to it, it would be quieter.

If your case is hot inside, the fan will run at higher speeds. Get some better case ventilation, and the PSU fan speed will lower.

Antec is my fav in the PSU market. Enermax's are great too.

Millenium Glaciator II is better than the Zalman. That or an Alpha 8045 is what I would get.

PSU and HSF

Enermax 431w Whisper with 2 fans... 1 is temp controlled

Millenium Glaciator 2... high performer, low noise

Both of these could be had for a total of about $120 U.S., and worth every cent!

Back