• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Live Benching: AMD FX-6100 Bulldozer on Liquid Nitrogen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No Crosshair V Formula received in the mail today. Hopefully it shows up tomorrow, then we'll be back at the live benching.

Capttripppp - glad I saved you the trouble. I would hold off until you hear any updates about the CHIV working from someone else. Its possible it works fine with an FX-8150 or some CPU that I didn't already buy... But it certainly does not POST with an FX-6100 installed. I checked, rechecked, flashed BIOS, and reflashed BIOS... Nothing could make it work with the 3107 BIOS that Asus states on their site supports AM3+ CPUs. :-/

And getting back on the topic of tonight's session.. I just noticed something.
attachment.php

I did not know the CHVIE supports AM3+ CPUs. ;)

Told you so!....

:chair:

I thought the same thing you did, until checking Asus's site yesterday then going directly to buy a Bulldozer. I wouldn't have gone to buy it if I didn't read support on their site, which is frustrating. I should have tested it before having this article published though.

Asus told me so:

Capture.JPG

Pretty damn misleading. I probably won't be the only person with a CIVE to encounter this problem. :(

Glad you enjoyed the 965 BE death march... Unfortunately, I didn't get any magic smoke out of it. Gave it over 2V, so it was an honest attempt. :D

No mail yet today, pretty anxious to see the CVF when the truck goes by.

LOL... Yeah... It was a valiant effort to kill it.

I say it's put up the numbers to earn it's right to live.

If the board shows today you still planning to go live tonight?

Today is day 3; it was shipped priority. If it doesn't make it today, USPS has some 'splaining to do!

Ya, no board yet. I will have time tho come Monday when it gets here. Will be a long weekend. :)

I have a friend getting married tomorrow though, so at least I can attend without my mind being elsewhere. ;)

Ya, no board yet. I will have time tho come Monday when it gets here. Will be a long weekend. :)

I have a friend getting married tomorrow though, so at least I can attend without my mind being elsewhere. ;)
There goes Matt with his hardware fetish again... :D

Got 7.7 with the chip a few weeks back, going to put it back on the Crosshair V Formula this week sometime and give superpi and wprime a run.

Back