• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PSU calc tool estimate

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey, I'm Phaedrus from OCN, co-creator of the program. Thanks for linking us Juggalo!

Yes EarthDog, those are all quality power supplies. We built our PSU database straight from Overclock.net's Recommended PSU guide which I helped build, with a few adjustments. There are still a few things I want to tweak (for instance there are a couple units with relatively low +12V amperage that should be considered lower wattage power supplies) but on the whole you can't go wrong with any of the power supplies listed in our app. :)

Awesome! Welcome! And nice app man!

Will it be possible in future versions to input voltage and clockspeed for CPU's instead of a blanket 40% overclock?

I put my rig in - it gave me 450W. At full CPU and GPU burn, I'm getting 420W at the wall, so about 330W draw from the PSU. Definitely a lot more accurate than the "ZOMG, BUY A 900W!" stuff that most of the "calculators" (invariably hosted by someone that sells expensive power supplies) out there. The Newegg one recommends 600W for my rig. Color me surprised...

I like the power supply finder at the end... and how it actually recommends more than just Corsair units. ;)

Back