Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Heatware Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohta View Post
    Never done business with Amazon, i typically stay away from ebay-esc stuff
    Ebay and Amazon are completely different. Amazon is a webpage that directs you to companies, you buy an item from the company through amazon and amazon takes care of the shipping for you much like Newegg buys from intel etc. etc. and then ships the product to you.

There's no bidding or anything like that, if someone asked me to recommend Amazon I'd have no problems doing it
    AsRock™ Extreme4
    Intel™ i5 2500k + 4.5GHz
    Hyper 212+, Lian-Li Case
    WD 1TB Caviar Black 7200RPM
    Windows 7 HB 64x
    G.Skill™ Ripjaws 2x2GB 1600MHz
    Lim. Edition Patriots 2x4GB 1600MHz
    Corsair 850W TX
    GTX 670 - 2GB

HEATWARE

I like Amazon, just make sure you're actually buying an ATI 5970 from "Amazon" or "Amazon Warehouse" and not something like "123videocardsinc.com"
    -Gigabyte Z68 UD4
    -i5 2500k Sandy Bridge @ 4.5Ghz
    -16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 9-9-9-24
    -eVGA GTX 560 Ti
    -Antec 750w TruPower

-Western Digital 1.0 TB AAJS 7,200RPM
    -OCZ Vertex III 120GB SSD x2 (RAID-0)

Now 6GHz or Bust!
    Quote Originally Posted by Janus67 View Post
    I knew those TV commercials would be the death of them! :

Fortunately I've still had 0 issues, but I guess that makes me worried if I would have an issue.
    I thought it was trying to make their web site more like someone pee'd on Facebook that is bringing down Newegg? Hard to find "special" price, more effort to look for things, and customer service typical of outsourced non English speaking country.
    space for rent

10 Year Badge
    Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile SETI Profile Heatware Profile Rosetta Profile
    Kohta, since it looks like Newegg doesn't give a crap about checking for problems on the forums any more, I just had an idea. Have you ever rated them at Resellerratings.com? If not, then register and rate them on this order. With all the problems you have had, it should be very easy to truthfully low rate their service and support. If you have rated them before, then modify the earlier review with low ratings. They used to be extremely sensitive to getting low rated at RR and unless their policy has changed there, should get some reaction by them to you. Even if it doesn't, it gives them a public black eye, which in your case it sounds like they deserve.

I have been seeing more and more problem threads being posted concerning Newegg dealings and this is troubling to me, as they have in the past been the main store I shop at. But more and more I have been looking elsewhere lately because of the increase in problem threads here on the forums.

mudd

Benching Team Leader
    Grabbed Senior
    Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile
    nice idea Mudd, I was also going to toss out going/reporting to the BBB (better business bureau) wouldn't be a bad idea.
    Haswell Benching and Gaming: ASRock Z87 OC Formula : Intel i7 4770k w/ Phanteks PH-TC14 : 8GB 2x4GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2666 : MSI, XFX, and Sapphire R9 290X
    Other Components: Samsung 840 Evo 500GB SSD : 2TB Hitachi : Silverstone Strider Gold 1250W and Seasonic Platinum 1000W : Auria EQ276W 2560x1440

Folding User Stats

Heatware Profile
    The blatant racism in the OP is pretty disgusting.
    HTPC - 2500k - 212+ - GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 - 2x4GB G.Skill DDR3-1600 - Crucial MX100 512GB, Spinpoint F3 1TB w/M4 64GB ISRT Cache
    MSI GTX 970 4GB - Silverstone LC10B-E - Corsair RM550

-----
    Main - X3 450 - ASRock A790GMH/128M 790GX - 2x2GB G.Skill 4-4-4-12 - Crucial MX100 256GB, 2xWD Green 1TB
    Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB - Silverstone TJ08 - Corsair CX400W

Nothin' up my sleeve..

Forums Super Moderator
    Overclockers.com Lead Editor

10 Year Badge
    Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile
    I disagree - the OP is just pointing out that Newegg have outsourced customer service to its detriment; it's well known that outsourcing adversely affects service. It's certainly not racist to point this out. If it is, well Harriet Harman has won.
    David J. Nelson MChem(Edin) PhD(Strath) MRSC [ResearcherID: D-3927-2011] [Google Scholar]
    OC Forums Super Moderator // Overclockers.com Editor

The Workhorse: [Lenovo W510] Intel Core i7-720QM / 8 GB DDR3 / nVidia Quadro FX880M / Crucial M4 256 GB SSD / Windows 7
    The Home Machine: AMD Llano A6-3650 APU / 8 GB DDR3 / Lots of HDDs / Antec Dark Fleet DF-85 Case / Windows 7
    The Benchmarking Setup: Various LGA775 chips / Asus Rampage Formula / 2 GB OCZ 1066 MHz DDR2 / nVidia Quadro NVS 285 / 320 GB HDD / Windows 7 [ Untouched for well over a year ]

My research fellowship is eating all my time, so I may be slow to reply to emails and private messages.

Heatware Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I disagree - the OP is just pointing out that Newegg have outsourced customer service to its detriment; it's well known that outsourcing adversely affects service. It's certainly not racist to point this out. If it is, well Harriet Harman has won.
    There are millions upon millions of genuine Americans with 'foreign' names. Devaluing someone because their name doesn't sound white enough (as the OP clearly did) is as racist as it gets.
    HTPC - 2500k - 212+ - GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 - 2x4GB G.Skill DDR3-1600 - Crucial MX100 512GB, Spinpoint F3 1TB w/M4 64GB ISRT Cache

-----
    Main - X3 450 - ASRock A790GMH/128M 790GX - 2x2GB G.Skill 4-4-4-12 - Crucial MX100 256GB, 2xWD Green 1TB

Nothin' up my sleeve..

Forums Super Moderator
    Overclockers.com Lead Editor

10 Year Badge
    Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile
    In the context of the post I disagree that this is racism, but I've asked some of the other moderators for their opinions.

OP: Sorry to slightly derail the thread here.
    David J. Nelson MChem(Edin) PhD(Strath) MRSC [ResearcherID: D-3927-2011] [Google Scholar]
    OC Forums Super Moderator // Overclockers.com Editor

The Workhorse: [Lenovo W510] Intel Core i7-720QM / 8 GB DDR3 / nVidia Quadro FX880M / Crucial M4 256 GB SSD / Windows 7
    The Home Machine: AMD Llano A6-3650 APU / 8 GB DDR3 / Lots of HDDs / Antec Dark Fleet DF-85 Case / Windows 7
    The Benchmarking Setup: Various LGA775 chips / Asus Rampage Formula / 2 GB OCZ 1066 MHz DDR2 / nVidia Quadro NVS 285 / 320 GB HDD / Windows 7 [ Untouched for well over a year ]

My research fellowship is eating all my time, so I may be slow to reply to emails and private messages.

Quote Originally Posted by ratbuddy View Post
    There are millions upon millions of genuine Americans with 'foreign' names. Devaluing someone because their name doesn't sound white enough (as the OP clearly did) is as racist as it gets.
    I completely agree, and I'm surprised you're the first one to bring it up. The OP clearly like the named 'Caroline,' but dismissed her completely and was upset after seeing a Chinese last name. I'm not sure how that isn't racist?
    Gigabyte P55a-UD3, i5 750@ 3.8ghz, 1.3 vcore
    BFG GTX 260 Core 216
    4 gigs G.Skill Eco DDR3 1600- 6,8,6,24
    Silverstone ST56ZF
    yamaha rx-v2400, crown xls-402
    Salk/Ellis 1801's, Rythmik F15 15" servo sub

Premium Member #15

Benching Profile Folding Profile SETI Profile Heatware Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Jizzzared View Post
    I completely agree, and I'm surprised you're the first one to bring it up. The OP clearly like the named 'Caroline,' but dismissed her completely and was upset after seeing a Chinese last name. I'm not sure how that isn't racist?
    Sorry to continue the off-topic rant going on but I really don't think the OP was trying to be racist. He was trying to convey his frustration of working with the outsourced, not-properly-trained foreign employee that he was assigned to. I mean let's be honest guys, let's flip the script and say a Chinese customer called an American customer service support center... and had some American person with broken Chinese the entire time, would they be upset? I am going to make the strong presumption that they would be. It's not racist to be upset that the person was not trained to be bilingual. Let's not make this more than it is. IMO people are way too emotionally charged about everything.
    i7 4770k @ Stock for now, Corsair 600T, H70 Cooler
    16gb Crucial Ballstix Tactical Low Profile CL8 1.35v
    Plextor M3 128GB SSD F/W 1.07
    Samsung 830 128gb
    2TB Hitachi 64mb cache
    MSI GTX 770 Gaming
    MSI Z87 M Power
    Heatware Profile

Heatware Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by dkizzy View Post
    Sorry to continue the off-topic rant going on but I really don't think the OP was trying to be racist. He was trying to convey his frustration of working with the outsourced, not-properly-trained foreign employee that he was assigned to. I mean let's be honest guys, let's flip the script and say a Chinese customer called an American customer service support center... and had some American person with broken Chinese the entire time, would they be upset? I am going to make the strong presumption that they would be. It's not racist to be upset that the person was not trained to be bilingual. Let's not make this more than it is. IMO people are way too emotionally charged about everything.
    The CEO of Newegg is named Fred Chang. Should we just shop elsewhere altogether?

-----

Nothin' up my sleeve..

Folding Profile Heatware Profile
    Yes.

CPU: i7-920
    GPU: EVGA GTX 780
    Ram: 6gb Corsair XMS
    SSD: 64gb Crucial M4
    HDD: 3 x 2tb = 4tb RAID 5
    Heatware

Premium Member #24
    Continuing on-topic...

Kohta, in addition to providing a bad Reseller Ratings review and filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, you may also consider filing a formal complaint for fraud with the US Department of Commerce. Once the bank lawyers get through with them, they'll have to deal with a DOC indictment. If that doesn't wake them up, nothing will.

Continuing off-topic...

I find the idea of insisting on American English idiom and accent during transactions a bit more than bizarre. For much of the rest of the world, it's multicultural and multilingual. Although English remains the lingua franca, making a sincere effort at understanding one another, regardless of English proficiency, is simply a part of everyday life. Getting upset, or being derisive of another person's speech marks you as mean-spirited or odd at best.

That said, the only thing I find more bizarre than Americans who are intolerant of those for whom English is a second language are Americans who don't bother to take the time to improve their command of their native tongue.
    Last edited by hafa; 10-24-11 at 10:36 PM.
    HTPC: Core i3 540/8GB/300GB Raptor/GTS450-1GB/W7P-64 ~|~ File Server: (Green) AMD 4850E/4GB/6TB RAID/Windows Server 2008 ~|~ Notebook/Workstation: M780 Toshiba Convertible Tablet/i7 M620/8GB/128GB Crucial M4 SSD /7200RPM 750GB/W8 Pro

Premium Member #15

Benching Profile Folding Profile SETI Profile Heatware Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by ratbuddy View Post
    The CEO of Newegg is named Fred Chang. Should we just shop elsewhere altogether?
    Look Rat I don't know what your deal is, but let's have it be noted that I am NOT defending the OP's way of expressing his frustration. You should at least attempt to wrap your mind around the possibility that he was coming from a non-racial point of view before concluding outright that he is some racist. Has he made several posts on here that would really make that argument concrete?

With that newegg CEO comment I am getting the impression that you want to see things from just one point of view, which is sort of unfortunate. I am going to buy from Newegg like I have for several years, regardless of who is running it, and regardless of what their ethnicity is, as long as I have a satisfactory customer experience. Don't be childish and try to spin this thread off into more topics of debate.
    i7 4770k @ Stock for now, Corsair 600T, H70 Cooler
    16gb Crucial Ballstix Tactical Low Profile CL8 1.35v
    Plextor M3 128GB SSD F/W 1.07
    Samsung 830 128gb
    2TB Hitachi 64mb cache
    MSI GTX 770 Gaming
    MSI Z87 M Power
    Heatware Profile

16. Thanks!

GoD_tattoo (10-24-11)

Heatware Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by dkizzy View Post
    Has he made several posts on here that would really make that argument concrete?
    I did indeed take the OPs posting history into account.

In the interests of keeping this civil, I won't respond to the other stuff.

-----

Nothin' up my sleeve..

Señor Senior Member
    just on the edge of civilization, in the Mojave Desert
    ***back-on-topic***

Condolences to the OP, my dealings with Newegg have mostly been trouble-free for the [nearly] ten years that I've been a customer.

With the economy in the pooper, it's a gimme that business has been down for Newegg; the recent TV ads is another indicator.
    ihrsetrdr aka Tim

Main Desktop: Asrock 79 ext4 | Intel Xeon E2650 | 4x4 DDR3 1600 | CentOS 6.5

Be strong when you are weak, brave when you are scared, and humble when you are victorious.
    - Unknown

tbh newegg here in Canada has always been one of the last choices in parts for me.
    i5 2500k @ 4.8 gHz. 1.3v..................Q9650 @ 4.0 gHz.
    Kingston Hyper 1600mHz 4gb..........XMS3 1600mHz 4gb
    Asus P8P67 Pro B3...........................790i Ultra FTW
    XFX 5970 BE + XFX 5850..................GTX 260 2xSLI
    CM Hyper 212/Thermalright HR-03...Scythe Mugen II
    CM Cosmos S Modified......................NZXT H2
    Custom Maple Gaming Case

10 Year Badge
    Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile SETI Profile Heatware Profile Rosetta Profile
    Next person who tries to derail this thread will have me to deal with, understand? This thread is about the total lack of support from Newegg, which may or may not be due to them outsourcing their support. And maybe the OP was a little insensitive in the way he worded it, but I can fully understand his frustration in dealing with non-native English speaking customer service agents. I had an @ss-full of that myself when I was on Direcway/Hughesnet and it is extremely frustrating when trying to explain to someone a problem and English is a 2nd or 3rd language to them. So let's drop all this racism cr@p and get along with the main problem, which is Newegg screwing around with the OP's money!

And I just checked and the Newegg support account still hasn't been checked since the 11th. Looks like SuperBiiz and Mwave will be seeing much more of my business in the future, because I am not happy seeing the way this has gone.

21. Thanks!

TiZakit (10-26-11)

I'm with you using other retailers. I've been driving to microcenter every few months with friends.

Didn't know about superbiiz. I did know about mwave. Do they have accounts here? Maybe they should.

CPU: i7-920
    GPU: EVGA GTX 780
    Ram: 6gb Corsair XMS
    SSD: 64gb Crucial M4
    HDD: 3 x 2tb = 4tb RAID 5
    Heatware

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast