• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why is Newegg.com starting to suck?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well for what its worth, I have never had any type of prolem with newegg. I have RMA'ed the same router 3 times and they handled the situation great. Finally ended up going with a different router.

I have always gotten everything I ordered within 2 days. I have ordered a lot of stuff from them.

Recently I ordered a usb hub and a logitech computer speaker system. I did notice there were two different incvoices and came from the same place and they both arrived at the same time. Not sure why but I got them both so dont matter to me.

Yesterday i noticed the price of the speaker system I got dropped by $20. So i emailed them and asked if I could possibly be refunded the price diffence. I woke up this morning and had a email saying they had already refunded me the money.

It sucks you guys are having so many issues, but for me they have been nothing but perfect. I will continue to use them.

I would say the top 4 companies people purchase parts from on this site would have to be: Newegg, Microcenter, Tigerdirect, and Amazon. Though I would prefer to shop at Newegg or Tigerdirect in your case. Amazon isn't bad either, but in reference to your shipping newegg issues, im sure Amazon isn't the best in regards to customer service issues.

Tiger Direct?
:bang head

Directron isn't bad....Mwave is a bit behind Amazon, Newegg and Directron.

Tiger Direct is crap. Subpar Rma process, average pricing, they charge tax + shipping on top of ordinary pricing.

Does anyone else have an issue with paying to return something that came defective? I'm putting together a shuttle bare-bones PC for a co-worker and the LGA1155 socket came with 2 dozen bent pins. The plastic protector that usually sits inside the socket wasn't there - it was in the cardboard box with the HDD screws and other accessories. Seems odd.

Anyway, I went to RMA it and was shocked that I have to cover shipping (~$25) to get it back to them. I've done close to $30K with them over the last 10 years or so - but I don't remember ever having to pay to ship a defective item back to them for replacement. Is this a recent change?

well. i contacted egg. about the shipping transaction since i live and work here in abu dhabi u.a.e and its very hard for me to find parts here. ive waited 2 weeks before i got an answer from egg which says : that i should be the one to know which available shipping company's are in abu dhabi. "i even trolled them @ facebook page so id get a reply" and i ended up canceling my purchase. and spent arround 300-500$ more on local stores here who made the order for me.
im checking mwave and superbiiz. superbiiz answered me directly that they ship via UPS international. mwave not sure yet.

My take on this egg thing is maybe the management changed and there's one guy who took the job w/o any knowledge of what the marketing world is about. since i work in the same field and i myself is always a costumer. really new egg you **** right now and it makes people unhappy.
how can you sell your product if you yourself wont buy it ?

hmm i wish i noticed this thread before, i just put in an order for a headset, hope it goes well, last couple years not one of my rush order processes have went through that day despite being paid for at 5 am and none of them have been refunded. weel see how this goes

they started to suck when they decided to diversify. today you can find anything from womens clothes to chainsaws on newegg.

Prepaid labels for return shipping only applies to the mainland US for the majority. "Egg" won't ship to US territories at all.

I live in Hawaii and get free returns to Amazon. Most places offer no type of free (or even cheap) shipping to Hawaii.

Does anyone else have an issue with paying to return something that came defective? I'm putting together a shuttle bare-bones PC for a co-worker and the LGA1155 socket came with 2 dozen bent pins. The plastic protector that usually sits inside the socket wasn't there - it was in the cardboard box with the HDD screws and other accessories. Seems odd.

Anyway, I went to RMA it and was shocked that I have to cover shipping (~$25) to get it back to them. I've done close to $30K with them over the last 10 years or so - but I don't remember ever having to pay to ship a defective item back to them for replacement. Is this a recent change?

Update - NewEgg customer service is sending me the return shipping label. It was actually a very pleasant experience -- and took less than 2 minutes. :)

Maybe they're getting the hint??

i still order with them but just have to be more careful know as they have vendor stores on there site now like amazon does so check your orders closely to be sure your buying from newegg and not one of there vendors also they seem to like to ship from several places now too some of my orders get split into two separate packages from two separate warehouses and even tho they ship the same day they show up on different days not a big deal if you work from home, but can be a problem for someone who dont like there expensive orders sitting on there front porch two days in a row while they work.

Since my last problem with newegg (The OP here), iv'e starting buying from amazon, and my experience is fairly simple.

I first ordered a GTX 580 from them for a friends build, he was buying things a little at a time, I picked the 3-5 days and i always have choosen one's "Sold by and fulfilled by amazon", i ordered at 3PM EST and it shipped out and arrived at it's first destination by 8PM EST, maybe that was lucky, my buddy decided to deposit (earlier that day) more money into my account so i could get him a couple more things, i ordered around 8:30PM EST and it had a lable by 10PM, and shipped out at 5AM, the packages were separated for awhile but i ended up getting them in 2 days at the same time. (Positive)

My next experience was a real sweat breaker. I ordered his motherboard and realized a bit to late that we had ordered a H67, rather than a P67, it was completely my fault, i turned to him as i realized and said "Damn... no wonder it was so cheap", however the P67 had a deal going on that we wanted to scoop up (33%) off without Amazon prime. I contacted support and told them i had a wrong shipment in route, they simply told me to refuse the package and wait for a refund, i did and i got the refund back 36 hours after they signed for it, that's amazing! - I clicky-click-type to amazon and the deal was gone, contacted support again, the girl told me to make the purchase and tell her when i had submitted it, within a minute she had given me/him the discounted rate from just a few days ago and entered the item into 2 day free shipping, all while she was saying sorry every few words.

So i thought that deserved an Amazon Prime Membership from me, i paid the $80 for a year and now i'm enjoying some pretty neat discounts, anywhere from 5% to 45% off with free 2 day shipping on UPS and $4 over night! I actually -just- bought a pair of GTX 560 ti 448's classified ultra's (with the GTX 580 PCB) for a total of $310 after MIR and 2 day shipping, which i intend to do, i basically got 2 GTX 560 ti 448's for the price of one + shipping.

I really don't have anything but good things to say, i ordered an iingersoll rand DA about 2 months ago and paid $50 less than anywhere else, If they aren't already, Amazon must be running others out of business.

Another thing i bought was a Countertop Dishwasher, i got the Dishwasher, dishwasher Tablets and Jetdry as a combo deal (which i would have bought anyway) for a total of $147 off and again, free 2 day shipping, my family is actually handing me money to purchase things for them because it's cheaper by $5-$100, depending on what you buy, to get it there, my mother cleans houses so she needs vacuum bags, $10 for a pack of 3 at sears, $7 for a pack of 10 on amazon... free shipping 2 day, yeah, i will settle here for awhile.

This is how pretty much everything looks in comparison to me. I might have paid $80 for a year of prime, but so far it has cost me a total of $474 less in shipping and and price comparison to other places (comparing the next lowest value to amazon)
Direct link http://www.overclockers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=109268&stc=1&d=1335774088

Attachments

• served.jpg
    served.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
wow, that sounds pretty great, and maybe is worth its own 'Amazon Prime is Awesome' thread.

I've never had a problem with newegg, but I have contacted Amazon customer support before, and they are really great. They too have given me promotions after the promotion ended.

I'll stick with newegg for now though, since I have shop runner 2-day free shipping (which also covers shipping on returns, which I've used too. And I got shoprunner 1 year for $1)

Amazon has had some good deals from time to time.

I usually check amazon, newegg, tigerdirect.

Sometimes google shopper

they did some good yesterday, ordered parts for a new pc for my boss and one package is going to be here today and the rest tomorrow :) paid for 3 day shipping and getting one overnight and the others in 2 is pretty good, first time they ever got my fast processing thing to go through before noon even sometimes when i had ordered at like 5 am they never got it shipped same day.

Unacceptable service!!!! I placed an order yesterday for a refurbhsihed Cablecard TV tuner. I paid for it with Paypal. I was happy to see that they would use my Paypal account shipping address since I have ordered items on eBay hundreds of times in the last 3 years. I had originally opened a Newegg account 5 years ago. Yesterday I corrected the address on my Newegg account and placed the order using PayPal for payment. I received the email almost immediately that they were shipping to my VERIFIED paypal address. I didn't look to closely at the email I checked the order today and was horrified to discover that they were sending my order to an address I had 3 years ago. At that address packages are automatically stolen on a regular basis. I called Newegg and they are recalling the package. I told them fine to resend the order to my correct address and that their system (or person) screwed up the shipping address. They told me Paypal must not have a correct address for me. WRONG!. I said ok give me a Newegg credit and I would redo the order. WRONG! They can only credit my Paypal account. Well at least they are expediting the credit and will refund me (credit again) for overnight shipping. What a botch job.

So everything worked out and you joined the forums to ***** about it? Id say theu did better than some other companies. Like seagate that sent me a refurb for a brand new doa drive I returned.

I don't know if it is resolved. It won't be until I receive my product. And then from what I have seen I hope it works correctly

Back