• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Bulldozer Architecture Explained

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah I am going to take back what I said, I really have no idea why I put that statement in. I went through all my notes and couldn't find anything to backup that statement. Let me re-write that. Thanks for the catch, I'll update it to be accurate.

:facepalm: Bad Dolk :(

But hey we are all human:grouphug:

Even me:cool: I think:-/

Bump for those that have not seen this. It was hiding in the General CPU section.

Nice read Dolk ...... I ended up buying an FX-8120 partly because of this and the curiosity it generated. I can't say too much bad about the chip which is very easy to OC, pushing 4500mhz stable without a single BSOD yet.

Last edited:
Nice read Dolk ...... I ended up buying an FX-8120 partly because of this and the curiosity it generated. I can't say too much bad about the chip which is very easy to OC, pushing 4500ghz stable without a single BSOD yet.

Wow I need one of those Super Pi 1m in -.1 seconds. 4500GHz just WOW!!!!!:rofl:

Sorry I could not pass that one up.

Yes Archer we all know of BD's lack of preformance in benchmarks. I really have not had a chance to play all that much with it yet. I am not a gamer but do do some heavy video encoding, BLU-RAY, not sure how much if any of an improvment BD will be over my 1090T as BDRebuilder had a hard time stressing the 1090T as the frame servers are having a hard time keeping up but we shall see. I am running a movie over now which took just a touch under 2 hours to do last time. We shall see in the am as it is bed time for me.

He wasn't referring to lack of performance, you just mistyped (you mean 4.5GHz not 4,500GHz) and so he said a CPU running that fast would run 1M very fast!

Back