• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

27' too demanding?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ninjai

Registered
Hi. I am putting together a new computer in honor of Elder Scrolls, and I would like some help deciding on a screen size - 24" or 27"

I used to have a 24", a syncmaster which I loved, and thought was perfect for gaming.
But now I watch more and more movies on my computer, paint more and more photoshop, and read more and more comics - so the 27" came into question.

The computer I'm putting together will mainly be used for gaming and so my concern is if a 27" will be too demanding on my system in the near future?

So far, I've settled on
i5 - 2500k
MSI Z68A-GD65
MSI GTX560 Ti twinfrozr (hoping to get one in working condition)
Corsair Vengeance 8 gb
Corsair AX750 or GS600 (depending on budget)

The two 27" I've been considering are Ben-Q M2700HD (LCD) and AOC E2795VH (LED), both 1920 x 1080, 16:9.

Last edited:
Heh... we have all so far missed something. Unless the resolution changed from your 24-27" (which I doubt, I would imagine both are 1920x1080) then the amount of things you can put on the screen will not really change unless you are shrinking the windows (in which you could do that on your 24").

Back