• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU info! :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deagleboy

Hey folks, i have recently biuld myself a rig with GTX570, but im in a money need and i returned it and im looking to buy this card instead.

http://www.komplett.no/k/ki.aspx?sku=638392

i wanna know if this is good enough to hold it out 1-2 years?

BTW this is my first post here so be polite and if you dont understand my English, its because im norwegian and not a native engslish speaker :D

It is a decent card and I think you can unlock the shaders on this one. If so, you will get a 6970 which is equivalent to the 570

No.
But it seems the latest ones do. Roll of a dice...
Sapphire Toxic does for sure: it already has the 6970 bios programmed.

If it can unlock it would be a powerful card, although it's unknown whether you'd get one that unlocks. The Sapphire Toxic as mentioned above would give you much better chances.

The only games my unlocked 6950 has struggled slightly with are Crysis2 (with the Blackfyre HD mod and DX11 patch installed), and The Witcher II. Both were easily-playable, I just couldn't completely max them out.

Even if you get a locked 6950, it'll still be a very strong card, comparable to a 560ti.

Back