• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just had a band of "Hired Thugs" try to kill me and they almost succeded. I read the contract that one was carrying and it was to "teach the theif a lesson" and it was signed "Morthal Guard". The thing is, although I've stolen from a house in Morthal, I wasn't caught and I have no bounty. I can walk up to a guard and try to initiate conversation and all they do is thank me for killing the vampires or say their normal dialogue. I'm a bit confused.

Obviously the town must burn...

I just had a band of "Hired Thugs" try to kill me and they almost succeded. I read the contract that one was carrying and it was to "teach the theif a lesson" and it was signed "Morthal Guard". The thing is, although I've stolen from a house in Morthal, I wasn't caught and I have no bounty. I can walk up to a guard and try to initiate conversation and all they do is thank me for killing the vampires or say their normal dialogue. I'm a bit confused.

Happened to me too... But was signed by Nils in Windhelm.... So I slit his throat!

Yeah me too. Was out on the tundra harvesting petty souls (with my soul trap Dwarvin bow) when they attacked me...all most got me if it wasn't for a giant come running in an smack them around...then procceded to threaten me after he killed them I yeilded and went back to petty soul harvest.....fun stuff.

Too bad we can't make a Giant one of our followers. That would be sweet!

Has anyone had their companion arrested and put in jail? I just fast traveled to Whiterun, and before I fast traveled Lydia was following me, but after I got to Whiterun I noticed she wasn't there. I had just bought the house and looked around in the house and in Dragonsreach for her, but I couldn't find her so I used the moveto command and it put me in the jail cell with her. I reloaded my game and walked into the dungeon, told her to wait and then follow me again and walked out and she was following me again. :confused:

PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN:

Mild spoilers, but nothing major.

I also saw this game jam and I HAVE to ask why most of this stuff isn't in a patch? The ice/fire arrows, adoption, moving water that looks better, etc etc should all be in a patch. SO many bugs left to fix. I still see goats under water and dogs that walk 90 degrees over a fence. You HAVE to be able to kill the kids in the game. Distasteful yes but sometimes they're the only witness left and you don't want that 5000 coin bounty on you.

Things (that would require Elderscrolls VI) that'd really change it up would be true weapons functions, really complex button combo presses to do true martial arts styles like what was done with that spear. Xian swordplay would be a freakin spectacular addition.

In response to their question at the end of the video "If we worked like that more often what could we do?", you could have removed the frame ticking glitch from your engine the 3 times you got a chance in ES IV, FO3 and FONV and could have included interior maps for the latter two of those games. You could have taken a tonne of glitches out of Skyrim before realeasing/inflicting it on us as well.

Last edited:
I also saw this game jam and I HAVE to ask why most of this stuff isn't in a patch? The ice/fire arrows, adoption, moving water that looks better, etc etc should all be in a patch. SO many bugs left to fix. I still see goats under water and dogs that walk 90 degrees over a fence. You HAVE to be able to kill the kids in the game. Distasteful yes but sometimes they're the only witness left and you don't want that 5000 coin bounty on you.

Things (that would require Elderscrolls VI) that'd really change it up would be true weapons functions, really complex button combo presses to do true martial arts styles like what was done with that spear. Xian swordplay would be a freakin spectacular addition.

In response to their question at the end of the video "If we worked like that more often what could we do?", you could have removed the frame ticking glitch from your engine the 3 times you got a chance in ES IV, FO3 and FONV and could have included interior maps for the latter two of those games. You could have taken a tonne of glitches out of Skyrim before realeasing/inflicting it on us as well.

That. Is awesome. And I agree that a lot of that stuff needs to be patched.

Thought I'd share some screenshots that I took while playing. I have my game very heavily modded.

Attachments

• TESV 2012-02-21 20-53-39-74.jpg
    TESV 2012-02-21 20-53-39-74.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 77
  • TESV 2012-02-21 20-57-19-29.jpg
    TESV 2012-02-21 20-57-19-29.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 74
  • TESV 2012-02-21 21-05-25-37.jpg
    TESV 2012-02-21 21-05-25-37.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 79
  • TESV 2012-02-21 21-02-21-02.jpg
    TESV 2012-02-21 21-02-21-02.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 76
  • TESV 2012-02-21 20-52-52-76.jpg
    TESV 2012-02-21 20-52-52-76.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 74
  • TESV 2012-02-21 21-04-25-07.jpg
    TESV 2012-02-21 21-04-25-07.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 78
  • TESV 2012-02-21 21-01-38-50.jpg
    TESV 2012-02-21 21-01-38-50.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 74
  • TESV 2012-02-21 20-50-52-06.jpg
    TESV 2012-02-21 20-50-52-06.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 77
  • TESV 2012-02-21 20-54-02-19.jpg
    TESV 2012-02-21 20-54-02-19.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 75
What lighting FX mod are you using?

I'm using one of the ENB mods. This one: Atmospheric ENB w/DOF

I'm using the latest version, the 2.05 beta. I've tested all of the really popular ENB mods but this one looks the best, IMO. It isn't over saturated, the DOF looks really nice and the bloom doesn't blind you.

I also have just about every texture mod installed, too.

Last edited:
Dang bro, sounds like a Class "A" Felony offense in Skyrim. What did you do?

I got a 7800 coin rap for killing the little hamlet outside Markarth.. I was playing a female character and tried to drop a little armor to show some leg but they didn't bite. Had to pay it. I think I'm FINALLY done with this game. It takes open ended too far. Did you beat it? Can you beat it? Is there an end? Really? Bleh. I need to see some credits.

I'm using one of the ENB mods. This one: Atmospheric ENB w/DOF

I'm using the latest version, the 2.05 beta. I've tested all of the really popular ENB mods but this one looks the best, IMO. It isn't over saturated, the DOF looks really nice and the bloom doesn't blind you.

I also have just about every texture mod installed, too.

I just installed the ENB mod and it looks awesome! I was just messing around with my ini. file and noticed the max ansitropy is set to 8. Do you think if I set it to 16 it will bork my game?

Attachments

• skyrim ansi.png
    skyrim ansi.png
    26.3 KB · Views: 65
Back