• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just spent the entire day modding Skyrim...its a complete and total hardcore base stat rework. No more 100/100/100/300. Also movement speeds are all based on base stats from Morrowind...and regen has been reduced to a more hardcore level...while at the same time, damage that the player does has been amplified by 50%, and damage he/she takes has been doubled...and much more.

Anyone been playing Dawnguard? I'm really enjoying it. Could use some hi-res textures in the Soul Cairn. I'm siding with the 'Guard, opting for the VP Lord afterwards.

I've noticed highly increased dragon attacks? Dragons are everywhere now! Oh well, makes for lots of dragonbone arrows now. :)

I haven't bought it... What happened to releasing major updates via patches... DLC. Expansions. "Lets make a full game.. Then release it in parts so they pay more. YEAHHH" Seriously. All the companies now are like that... It's annoying. DLC bothers me. A lot. I realize Dawnguard is an expansion; but still...

I haven't bought it... What happened to releasing major updates via patches... DLC. Expansions. "Lets make a full game.. Then release it in parts so they pay more. YEAHHH" Seriously. All the companies now are like that... It's annoying. DLC bothers me. A lot. I realize Dawnguard is an expansion; but still...

I actually agree with you 100%...but Bethesda is one of the least of the evils (Dawnguard is it's first DLC since release date).

The biggest piles of crap are the companies that have DLC for purchase on their games' release dates. It's like they are spitting in their customers' faces.

Morthal, midnight.

screenshot5fv.jpg

I still love this game. When modded up right, it's absolutely gorgeous! I've now played through the DLC. It took me quite a while. I was thoroughly impressed with it and found it to be well worth the cost.

I can't say enough about the mods. The mods can make the base game awesome, but they can also extend the gameplay. I think it's most important to choose not just any mod, but the mods that will enhance the gameplay for you. For example, I do not use any mod that makes killing easier whether it be by weapon or magic. I choose mods that increase immersion, graphics, seamlessly integrated homes, and the like. I play fair, but when I do play, I want to get 'lost' in the world when I fire the game up.

I need to get back into this game, I stopped playing at the 40hr mark...

40? I've passed 400. :D

That's vanilla or do you use any mods?
I wanna get this game...only played at a friend's house for a while.
:D

That is heavily modded...I wish you could export a list of mods that you have installed...

Also, for anyone that hasn't heard of it yet, I use the texture pack combiner.

I absolutely love Skyrim, can't wait to get one of those 27" 2560x1440 LEDs and let my 6950 CF crank that out at ultra settings, I hope they can keep 60fps or close to it

Today in Skyrim on a level 26 game I placed a bunch of weapons and a few apparel in a chest outside, then warped to town to sell some loot. Then I returned the same night and the chest was locked, and all my stuff was gone

Oh well, the main thing I lost was ebony chest armor, 20% archery improved gauntlets, and a nice flame mace and frost 2 handed axe

ddddddddddddddddddooooooooooooohhhhhhhh

Last edited:
I love this game! Really enjoyed all the others in the series and milked every one of them for everything possible.

Still early days for me but, with the right mods, this game looks breathtakingly awesome. Playing it in 3d vision surround makes this game the most immersive I've ever experienced. Woohoo!!!

Now all I need is to get through overclock testing and benching so I can wipe the drive, load everything from scratch again and get to some serious exploring.

I tend to go Breton and build out the character to something like a Battlemage but with strong healing capabilities. Longsword is my physical weapon of choice.

PS- I am SO glad that I went with the 4GB cards. With all the mods this game's a memory hog.

Actually a message on the cutscene warns that you might loose stuff in barrels, chests outside, says to use your home if you want to keep stuff for sure.

I never played any others, but I loved fallout 3 and NV. Skyrim is really the 1st modern wizard type game I've played. Zelda on N64 was probably the last similar type I played.

Well I just impulse bought this during the Steam sale. Perhaps I'll get into it as Oblivion was just eh, IMO.

Maybe these games just arent for me. We'll see how I like it as the Chicago winter nears.

I haven't gamed in 2 days, or played skyrim since last week, I'm going to be confused when I enter the game now

Back