• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about Steam games

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lukee

I can't access their site from work so I was hoping that someone who may have experiece with this can answer a question or two.

I have an account and my son and mom have been playing games on my account on another PC.

Sucks when they do because I can't log on and play while they are playing, so I was thinking of getting a 2nd account for them. Can I "gift"/transfer some games from my account to the new one or would I have to re-buy the game for their account?

Thanks in advance!!

Thank you. I figured as much. The games that they play aren't really that expensive anyways, so it's not too bad.

I'll read it when I get home. Thanks again.

You can play offline across multiple computers with your 1 account. Install Steam on another, download the games, then change it to OFFLINE mode. Note, when you install...Steam will email you with a PIN that you'll need to enter on the additional computer. Then tell whoever that whenever they load up Steam, to always choose offline mode.

You do not need to make several accounts/buy several games for this purpose. And it is totally legal. This allows the wife and kids to play their dopey games on their computer(s) and not mess up you playing yours. I've been there. ;)

You can play offline across multiple computers with your 1 account. Install Steam on another, download the games, then change it to OFFLINE mode. Note, when you install...Steam will email you with a PIN that you'll need to enter on the additional computer. Then tell whoever that whenever they load up Steam, to always choose offline mode.

You do not need to make several accounts/buy several games for this purpose. And it is totally legal. This allows the wife and kids to play their dopey games on their computer(s) and not mess up you playing yours. I've been there. ;)

Just a quick note to add to this, Steam will want you to connect at least once a month to verify game files (otherwise they won't allow certain games to play). So just make sure you arrange once every couple of weeks to turn Steam in online mode for each pc and when Steam is done doing their thing, turn it back to offline mode.

And if you want to just do that in the short term, steam usually has a huge sale every july and december, and i mean huge sale, 2 weeks of hundreds of games at 50-90% off. So if you plan on rebuying titles you already own, thats when to do it.

Back