• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BF3 Crashing to BSOD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

exia989

So BF3 has been fighting me from the moment i got it, but i eventually got the game to run smoothly. However, after about an hour or more (never really bothered to keep track of the time), the game would crash to a BSOD.

Im running catalyst 11.10 v2, and i just installed the new crossfire profiles.
Game runs great otherwise, but im getting really sick of it crashing all the time. Anyone else having this issue, or know of a solution?

What was the EXACT STOP error in the BSOD? If you don't remember the error specifics, you can paste the BSOD event details logged in the Event Viewer logs from the time of the error into this thread.

Unable to make anything out of the dump file for some reason. Here it is, hopefully you can get something out of it, cuz its being stupid on my end for some reason

Attachments

• 102711-19765-01.zip
    29.1 KB · Views: 36
I don't have the debugging tools or symbols package installed for reading a dump file, so instead type event viewer in the Start Search field and hit ENTER. When you open Event Viewer and expand Critical, Application, or System logs - under "Windows Logs" (or look under "Summary of Administrative Events--> Event Type--> Critical)... double click the specific error so it opens in the Summary Page Events window. Next click on Copy--> Copy Details as Text in the RH pane, and paste the contents of the ClipBoard in this thread.

Log Name: Application
Source: Microsoft-Windows-LoadPerf
Date: 10/27/2011 9:39:32 PM
Event ID: 3012
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords:
User: SYSTEM
Computer: Thomas-PC
Description:
The performance strings in the Performance registry value is corrupted when process Performance extension counter provider. The BaseIndex value from the Performance registry is the first DWORD in the Data section, LastCounter value is the second DWORD in the Data section, and LastHelp value is the third DWORD in the Data section.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-LoadPerf" Guid="{122EE297-BB47-41AE-B265-1CA8D1886D40}" />
<EventID>3012</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-10-28T04:39:32.711919000Z" />
<EventRecordID>27318</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4764" ThreadID="4840" />
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Thomas-PC</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
<UserData>
<EventXML xmlns:auto-ns2="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events" xmlns="LoadPerf">
<param1>Performance</param1>
<binaryDataSize>16</binaryDataSize>
<binaryData>37070000000000000000000009030000</binaryData>
</EventXML>
</UserData>
</Event>

Here is the screenshot of crystaldisk on the OS drive. And im using Win7 Professional

Attachments

• Crystal Disk Info SSD.PNG
    Crystal Disk Info SSD.PNG
    30.6 KB · Views: 115
Strange. Could be an error related to the SSD, although there's nothing listed in the SMART info you posted that would indicate anything.

Follow the instructions on the link I posted, and let us know if it helps at all.

Also, given the feedback on Newegg about the drive, check and see if there's a firmware update available from G-Skill.

Back