• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

YMMV - 2Tb Samsung F4 $32 Open Box

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
A handful of those I never saw go in stock, but they appeared as new Open Box items. Usually that means they'll go in stock soon...or they'll go in stock for about two seconds. :)

I check everyday and never see these sales, and by the time someone posts the link here, it's gone when I check it. :(

They show up at around 4:00 PM pacific and 2:00 AM pacific. Usually more in the 4:00 PM round (3-6). Usually 1-2 show up at night.

I may or may not have an automated script that logs/notifies me when these events occur. ;) For the good deals around 4:00 PM you have to be really quick.

By the way, I've received both of the Samsung 2TB drives I ordered. The marked "Barracuda Green" at the top, but still say Samsung. There's a Seagate-style model number with a Samsung part number below, so they're still proper Samsung HD204UI drives but with some relabeling. Seagate's website says they're in warranty until 2015, as expected.

By the way, I've received both of the Samsung 2TB drives I ordered. The marked "Barracuda Green" at the top, but still say Samsung. There's a Seagate-style model number with a Samsung part number below, so they're still proper Samsung HD204UI drives but with some relabeling. Seagate's website says they're in warranty until 2015, as expected.

Arrg, I really need one, I'm down to 115GB free. :(

I actually got your post right away and checked it and they seemed to be in stock. My problem is that I didn't have any $$ in the bank to order one :bang head

Figures. The morning hours are when I am at work with no internet access (firewalled), and the afternoon hours are when I'm asleep. :/

The Refurbished kinda kills it for me. I've had nothing but problems from practically every WD Green I've ever purchased. Refurbished might as well be "guaranteed not to work" in my eyes.

Refurbished drives often don't have a warranty. That's why I only consider Open Box. I could be wrong about the WD drive though.

The drive listed above says 3-year warranty. Though I'm sure that is not supposed to be there.

If you are referring to the one that Horrerblade posted, I only see a 90 day warranty listed but don't see 3-year anywhere. Are you talking about a different link someone else posted?

EDIT: Oh I see now that you might be referring to the Overview tab. I'd say definitely just copy/pasted from the retail page.

Capture.JPG

GAH! I'd go for it for that price if I hadn't spent all my money on a monitor. Darnit. :bang head

Thanks for the link though! :thup:

Back