• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

YMMV - 2Tb Samsung F4 $32 Open Box

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
And the 2TB are OOS already while trying to fill out my billing info, such BS.

Grabbed another 1TB though to add to my other 2.

I've got my credit card data saved in my NewEgg profile. All I need to enter is my CCV # to get past that screen. Or you can try using Paypal.

I've got my credit card data saved in my NewEgg profile. All I need to enter is my CCV # to get past that screen. Or you can try using Paypal.

I was gonna suggest this. I always use paypal or have it save my CC info, makes checkout a breeze. Been trying to figure out if there is a script so it will auto add something, then auto go through checkout. Need to research that a little further :comp:

I do too, I typed in my CV2 and hit submit and it told me removed from my cart

just ordered two 1TB hdd's
one through my Visa and then a seperate order through paypal going to the same home address, think that'll work?

I believe Newegg checks address as well as the credit/debit account. They are pretty strict on the one per customer limit. However, let us know if one of the orders is canceled or not.

*Edit*
This is Newegg's policy as stated on the website.
http://www.newegg.com/helpinfo/faqdetail.aspx?module=1

"I’ve previously ordered an item(s) that had a Quantity Limit restriction. When can I order more?
After a "cool down" period of 48 hours has expired from a previous purchase for an item(s) sent to your shipping address with a Quantity Limit restriction, you may place a new order for that item(s) to be sent to your shipping address, keeping in mind the Quantity Limit, if still applicable."

and...

"My order was cancelled due to "Quantity Limit Exceedance". What does that mean?
If you receive a "Quantity Limit Exceedance" notification and was informed that your order was cancelled, that means our records indicate that the listed item(s) was either previously purchased under the same Customer account or using the same credit account, or shipped to the same address, and, with that purchase, the quantity limit for the listed item(s) has now been exceeded.

If the listed item(s) in this notification was indicated as exceeding its quantity limit and was the only item(s) on the order, the order cannot continue processing, and would then be cancelled."

Last edited:
missed this one too, still trying. using the chrome plugin Janus suggested, works great if I am at my PC. was out getting dinner tonight.

Open box WD drives often do not have a warranty where as open box Samsung and Hitachi drives do. That doesn't mean it isn't worth going for but it certainly is something to consider.

Good info...did not know that. :thup:

I guess you can always plug the serial# into WD's website to see if you got lucky, but not worth it imo.

Other times worth watching?
I noticed that the 2TB had the price listed from the 1st time I checked my PC this morning until late morning here (~7:30am-~11am EST), and then went back to being de-activated. I checked every so often all morning, but never saw it go in-stock. Perhaps there are other times worth watching.

Back