• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI Lanpart Ultra-D freezing/crashing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

the_cultie

I've had the machine in my sig for a good number of years and it has been fantastic to me. I've been folding on the gpu so I always had the pc on 24/7. I left it last night before I went to bed and everything was running fine. Even had an hours gaming on it. When I got up this morning it was completely frozen. So I thought it was a little wierd but went ahead and pressed the reset button. Windows loaded, welcome screen came on then a few seconds later it had frozen again. So I reset again. I did this a few times but always same result. I tried Safe Mode but it just BSOD.

After this I reset the bios. When I started up again and went in to set basic settings it locked up in the BIOS :screwy: So I did a BIOS reset that lasted 10 hours but same result again. It doesn't always freeze in the BIOS. Once I got to set the boot devices and managed to get memtest running but then it locked up.

Anyone got any ideas what's going on? I am about to try 1 stick of RAM and will post back with results.

Hi!
Have a similar mb. Post the error code and maybe a google on it can help.

GL

No error code. Most time it posts but then just randomly locks up. Managed to get memtest running with 1 stick at a time and it just froze randomly. No errors or anything just froze. Going to borrow some ram just to double check but I think mobo is almost dead :cry:

You need to check the windows event viewer and see if there are any hard driver errors shown. If so then the board is likely dying. If not then it could just as easily be the power supply if that power supply has been with the motherboard for a long time now.

How do I access the windows even viewer? If I need to load windows thats going to be almost impossible since it locks up if it manages to even load.

PSU is not that old, maybe 3 years at most.

A bad condensator on ur mb would make all this happen. Sometimes u can hear a distinct sound from the pc like a jet engine starting. Many times u can see bleedings or other marks on the condensator. And replacing one is easy for those who learnt it, i havent, so it can be learned with help here i guess.

A bad condensator on ur mb would make all this happen. Sometimes u can hear a distinct sound from the pc like a jet engine starting. Many times u can see bleedings or other marks on the condensator. And replacing one is easy for those who learnt it, i havent, so it can be learned with help here i guess.

I never actually thought of that. I'll have a look in the morning. Soldering is no problem for me. I do surface mount repairs every day :D

Had a look everything looks fine. Tried different ram and still same problem. Looks like mobo is gone to me :( And now to make matters worse, after replacing BIOS battery in my laptop the wireless network won't work. These last couple of days have been **** in terms of technology :cry:

Tried changing out the hard drive yet?
Well I borrowed a PC with same chipset and hooked up my hard drives, and they give a BSOD saying the ntfs.sys file is corrupt. Need some way to fix that be any time I connect the drive to the computer its BSOD. I connected another drive and installed XP to make sure I didnt mess up the guys own win7 install. Even when I boot the XP install disk and try getting into the recovery console is just BSOD's.

After all these years this board still scares me, I have no idea why :confused:
Yeah its still a bit crazy with all its options for overclocking. And I think its just its reputation. It's a bad boy :cool:

Back