• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2x Asus HD 6670 not working with Crosshair IV Formula

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bryntwr

Hi

I have the following spec:

Phenom AMD II 1100T CPU
Crosshair IV Formula Motherboard
PSU 600W OCZ ModxStream

and 2x HD 6670 Asus DDR3 cards which do not seem to show any graphics, why is this?

It mentions that the graphics cards have Crossfirex is this the issue or?

Thanks
Owen

Hi, welcome to the forums!

First of all, does the machine actually start at all? What happens with just one graphics card?

Yes it runs, all lights show apart from VGA light on the motherboard.

All fans spin etc and everything seems to be running fine.

I have tried with one card but it does not work. It says In the manual I need a crossfirex graphics card which they say they are or a duo graphics card.

-owen

Last edited:
The cards are crossfire compatible, but it should also be possible to run just one instead.

Try each card in the first PCIE 16x slot and see if you can get the machine to boot. If you can't, it suggests that either you have two faulty graphics cards or that some other part of the machine is faulty.

Once you can get the machine to turn on, then set about setting up the dual graphics cards.

Ok problem is, to use dual cards do you not need to connect them together with a crossfire wire? I have one but there are no slots on the graphics card to accept the wire?

-Owen

Back