• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best cpu water-block at the moment?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There is also a more inexpensive option which I had also went with. It basically entails going to your local Ace (or other hardware store if Ace isn't available), and picking up a section of all thread (basically like a long bolt with no ends on it, I think in 3 or 4 foot sections) in the same thread size as your rad, and a package of nuts to fit that all thread. Then you cut the all thread to the size you want, and use the nuts to hold it in place. I think the total cost to do this was somewhere around $6, and gives you the option to mount the rad as close or as far away from the back of the case as you want. Using this method also holds my rear exhaust fan in place. I don't have any pics of the setup right now, but there is a nut at the end of each piece of all thread inside the case, up against the fan casing, and another on the outside of the case. I also put a nut at the other end of each piece, then tightened it down against the rad, to keep the all thread from turning while I tighten down the other end, so that it didn't puncture one of the tubes.

I was hoping someone would say something like this :D

I've got the side of my case already planned out, where I'm drilling the holes for the two radiators to mount on the side. I'm glad crazy mods have been done before, I wasn't looking forward to doing this blind.

Thank you guys for the help! I think I'm ready to do more planning and measuring.

@ Rge. hey man, im new to the site and i dont really know how to message you lol, but i am wanting to add a water cooling to my pc and i would love to ask you some questions if you don't mind

:welcome: Drynn, your best way to learn is start with the YELLOW stickies at the top of this forum. In a week or so of reading and learning, reading a lot, not glossing over stuff you'll have a pretty good idea what to do. It's how folks start thier WC adventure.

Back