• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual video card driver issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ghost Hacks

Hey everyone, new to the forum, and have a crazy driver issue I've been trying to fix for like, ever.

I have a Toshiba Satellite A665D, Phenom x3, 4GB DDR3Ram, 500GB HD, and what appears to be 2, yes 2 video cards.

When plugged in and on high performance it uses the 5650 but when I go unplugged or power saver, it switches to a 4200 series. I also have no Catalyst Control manager, on startup, it fails to load. The performance is ok normally, but as of lately its dropped some. Probably need to clean the computer out some but I know my driver is out of date also.

Going to buy CODMW3 right now, would like to be able to play the game with the best video driver software I can. So any suggestions welcome. I did try the Toshiba website but they haven't offered any recent updates and last time I tried they're driver it gave me issues.

Looks like you are stuck with Toshiba's driver releases. I went to AMD/ATI Driver Downloads, selected the mobile driver download & found this note...
The following notebooks are not compatible with this release:

· Toshiba® notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)
Did the CCC used to load? If so maybe a full ATI driver uninstall & reinstall will help. Sometimes an older driver are better with older hardware (not that a 5000 series is that old :)). Worst case, you might be stuck doing a full system restore to get the HDD back to the original install.

:welcome: to the Forum

Back