• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5830 Underclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matt297

Registered
Hi guys, Im having dramas with my 5830 underclocking itself. Even if i OC a bit, it still wont run correctly and defaults back to a 167mhz GPU setting and a 400mhz memory setting. the temps are fine, about 35 @ idle. FRAPS says in Deus Ex that the FPS is 22, it used to be about 60. Low res is around 30 FPS, Mid resolution is about 22 and High is about 13 FPS....not playable at all. Iv been playing this game at 60+ FPS and now it just wont run correctly, other games are this bad also. GPU useage @ idle is about 50% too. Any help is appreciated.

Also, GPU meter says

Memory Used: 0Bytes
Free: 0Bytes
Total: 0Bytes

Have you tried reinstalling the drivers?

Yep, rolling back to older and up to the latest did nothing. I'm about to pull off the heatsink incase something is up crap creek with the thermal paste, although i have re-pasted it previously. I cant for the life of me think of anything i have changed settings wise....

Back