Thread: dice pot?

Premium Member #13

dice pot?

im sure theres a million threads on this but i couldnt find any, where is a place to get a cheap alu pot, or copper if its cheap google just brings up alot of random stuff that isnt quite legal in the us lol any help is appreciated, i got a q8300 im gona bring cold

i was gonna have the shop that my dad works at machine one out but they are too busy and wont be freed up for a while.
    rig-NZXT source 210 elite --serv-- norco 270 2u---------------htpc-apex htpc case
    2500k 4.5ghz 1.3v------------------ opteron 2419 6-core--------------------e6600 @ 3.0ghz
    p67-ud4 ------------------------------ h8dmi-2 --------------------------- gigabyte g41
    8gb gskill 2x4 1600 --------4x4gb samsung ddr2 ECC -----------2x2b ddr3 1600
    xfx r9-280x black ----------------- onboard -----------------------------------HD 5450
    corsair hx850-------------------------antec vp-450----------------------------------275w came with case
    custom loop --------------------------socket f 2u passive ---------------------xigmatek durin
    win 7x64------------------------------server 2012 r2 datacenter--------------win 7 64 bit
    steam user name : Wagex (you happy bro?) HEAT
    "You can't get magical Harry Potter temps with big overclocks, PHYSICS has a lot to do with it." -conumdrum

Water Cooled Moderator
    Overclockers.com Lead Editor
    Usually you find them lurking in the classifieds but I can't find one anywhere right now (checked here, XS & OCN). Koolance apparently stopped making theirs but FrozenCPU has one for way too much at $175. You can always get a pot from Kingpin, if you can reach him and if you want to pay a lot of money. They're some of the best pots, just expensive.

Other makers include Piotres (email for a quote) and bartx (not sure if he's still active).

That's about all I've got right now. Just keep scouring the classifieds at various places regularly. They show up from time to time.

Enjoy benchmarks? Join the benching team!
    New to water cooling? Read the Beginner's Guide to Water Cooling Your PC.
    I.M.O.G. - "Night benching is the answer. Start sleeping every other day. Other than an occassional narcoleptic episode, its been wor"
    \m/ OverClockers mATX L33T Club \m/ - Join Now! - My mITX Build

3. Thanks!

wagex (11-12-11)

Premium Member #13

would you rather get this one than the koolance one? http://www.frozencpu.com/products/13...002.html#blank
    rig-NZXT source 210 elite --serv-- norco 270 2u---------------htpc-apex htpc case
    2500k 4.5ghz 1.3v------------------ opteron 2419 6-core--------------------e6600 @ 3.0ghz
    p67-ud4 ------------------------------ h8dmi-2 --------------------------- gigabyte g41
    8gb gskill 2x4 1600 --------4x4gb samsung ddr2 ECC -----------2x2b ddr3 1600
    xfx r9-280x black ----------------- onboard -----------------------------------HD 5450
    corsair hx850-------------------------antec vp-450----------------------------------275w came with case
    custom loop --------------------------socket f 2u passive ---------------------xigmatek durin
    win 7x64------------------------------server 2012 r2 datacenter--------------win 7 64 bit
    steam user name : Wagex (you happy bro?) HEAT
    "You can't get magical Harry Potter temps with big overclocks, PHYSICS has a lot to do with it." -conumdrum

Water Cooled Moderator
    Overclockers.com Lead Editor
    Honestly, I don't know anyone that has one of those, so I can't say one way or the other; sorry.

Enjoy benchmarks? Join the benching team!
    New to water cooling? Read the Beginner's Guide to Water Cooling Your PC.
    I.M.O.G. - "Night benching is the answer. Start sleeping every other day. Other than an occassional narcoleptic episode, its been wor"
    \m/ OverClockers mATX L33T Club \m/ - Join Now! - My mITX Build

http://sites.google.com/site/hwocsty...pu-gpu-mb-pots has some pics of the guts.
    I'd guess that the koolance v2 would be superior, but it's hard to say for sure.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." -- Einstein (maybe)

Thinking about an Asus motherboard? Think again.

How to check your PSU with a multimeter.

17bXw5t51rEBXGavJFMJsC8g7HQgThUGc7

Registered
    If you use -marijuana then you won't get those results.

As for cheap pots, I haven't seen any either.

That's why I'm going to be making some in the coming months, I'll put them in the classifieds here when I do, I'll post a thread about the project in this forum as well.
    (My biggest waiting point is getting the mounting gear specs sorted out, It's going to take a lot of time to find all of Intel's hole specs... amd only has one spec)

EDIT: Holy Necro. Oops.
    Last edited by General_Kerr; 03-01-12 at 04:39 PM.