• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Youtube not buffering/storing video in firefox

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not sure if this is the right section, but lately as in the past week and a half or so firefox seems to not buffer youtube videos. I was running whatever the latest version of FF 7 was and just upgraded to 8 yesterday, same for both. Also tried updating flash, no luck. I tried clearing FFs cache, didn't seem to help.

Thanks in advance.

Try Chrome ? Are y ou on windows ? can you right click the area where the video should be? if so wat does it say ?

Well I tried IE (don't worry, I took the proper antibiotics after) and it works fine there, so it's just FF, and yes, windows 7 x64. The video plays normally @ 360P since my internet connection can keep up a steady stream with it, but anything higher and it skips and stutters.

As far as menus, everything is normal - copy URL, pop out video, settings, etc.

Edit: Uhh...Just did a complete re-install of firefox 8, seemed to work.

Last edited:
if your youtube video is not buffering

I had the same problem and I solved it. Go to: nvidia Control panel\Adjust image settings, then you set to best performance and you did it. enjoy!

Back