• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

16x running at 8x

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ronbert

Was getting odd frame rates so I decided to turn on gpu-z to monitor my video card and see if it was running correctly. When I opened GPU-Z I noticed that it said my 6950 (not in xfire the other card is not in the system right now) was running "PCI-E 2.0 x16 @ x8 2.0" I have double checked that my card is in a 16x slot.

Does my card being down clocked have something to do with using the small 550W Rosewill? I'm still waiting on Corsair to RMA my 850W back to me.

How odd are the frame rates? If it's more than a ~3% difference, then the problem isn't the card being in x8 mode.

The frame rates arn't to odd I know that the difference is extremely minimal but what alarmed me is just that it's running in 8x usually it's in 16x, and yes I do have it in the top slot.

The game is still 100% playable

What does AMD VISION say the card is running at? You can find this under the Information tab, Hardware selection. You may have an old/bugged version of GPU-Z.

Also, have you tried the other card in the top white slot?

Check your BIOS for PCI Express Configuration and ensure it reads "Advertised RC" under Gen2 High Speed Mode.

Back