• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hd5850 oc screw up?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sivallakos

Registered
hd5850 oc artifacts. need help!

guys i have an xfx hd5850 xxx edition which has its stock clocks
@ 755 / 1000. i had a stable oc for about a year @ 815 / 1096. recntly I
installed battlefield 3 and every time i run it a popup came that suggested me to update
drivers to 11.10 from what i think it was 10.4. so i did update but i couldnt see my fps stack at 22. so i oced further more @ 920 / 1200 an voltages from 1089 to 1125. and it was stable. but on the next attempt @ 950 / 1200 / 1125v. i had artifacts during testing. and i mean random pixels across the whole screen with different colors than they should. normal right? when i exited furmark the artifacts remained on everything i did. i tried roll back of the drivers, underclock to the previous 2 stable ocs and even below stock and nothing happened. any ideas?

Last edited:
Did you reboot? I doubt you've smoked the card, I've pushed an XFX BE HD5850 in my other PC to 1000/1200 @1.25v and it's still running like a champ for over a year now.

yes i rebooted after every action i took. i also doubt that i fried it because the temps never passed 67 celsious. the strange thing is that when i change wallpaper the artifacts are reduced alot but they slowly come back

edit:
just an update if it helps i uninstalled catalyst and then went on my computer - manage - device manager - display adapters and uninstalled the
drivers and the artifacts disappeared. i rebooted and installed the latest catalyst drivers 11.11 and the artifacts came back. what should i do?

Last edited:
Back