• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gamestop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kohta

Been to Gamestop lately? Ever felt like it's declined in the last few years? This video is what we all think but never say.

(NSFW - Language)

/discuss

And it is one of the many reasons why I never buy from there.

I get stuff from there when im in a pinch, but I ignore them when they ask for any info or give em bogus info.. though I can't agree more with the vid!

Sadly I do buy from Gamestop. Once in a while they got used games that are cheaper than eBay (with shipping). Plus I can check the game case for manual, if it's missing or looks like it was a dog's chew toy I won't buy it. if it's got manual in great shape I buy it.

I liked Funcoland much better before Gamestop ate them and changed the names,.

love this video, seen it 2 or 3 times now. Makes me love steam that much more.

It's not just gamestop. A lot of retail chains do this nowadays. I believe there's a thread floating around in GD that covers this topic. But yeah, I agree, it's quite annoying. Thank god for Steam!

i used to work for gamestop and i was under payed significantly for the stuff i had to do and put up with. i hate that place with every amount of passion i hold.... but ill still buy games from them... god i hate myself

Funcoland was awesome. And Microplay was awesome too. You could go in those stores and take any game off the shelf and they would open up the console displays and put the games in and let you play them before you bought. They never tried to sell you a magazine subscription or a membership card or any dumb crap either.

ohhh microplay... how i wish i could go to one. i have either a gamestop or bestbuy to go to for pc games. pc gaming is so dead where i am now its terrible.

Steam/Origin/Direct2Drive/Amazon/etc downloads makes it so that I don't ever have to go to a store for a PC game again

I shop at Gamestop and like going there. It's a nice gaming atmosphere and I have earned free games with the rewards points system they have going. I really don't see the problem with it.

Back