• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

running cf 6950 unlocked to 6970, need psu advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yuisporing

Registered
So I'm planning on getting a second 6950 and unlocking it but I needed advice on a psu. I had two in mind , the corsair ax 750 or 850. I was just wondering if the ax750 would be enough or should i spend more on the 850? Kind of on a budget but I don't want to barely meet the cards needs if I go cheap. Oh, and I don't plan on overclocking my CPU(older core i7 860), just cards. Thanks !

Last edited:
Im hoping you have a 2560x1600 monitor or a multi monitor setup for that!

You will be fine with the AX750.

I was wondering though, would the ax750 leave me head room for overclocking ? Id be running 2hdd 1 ssd and just one optical drive. Aside from all the normal components.

HDD's and SSD are nothing really (20W at most on spinup for the HDD). SSD's are a couple W.

You would be fine with overclocking as well with the AX750.

Sweet. Thanks ! I just get nervous when I see all these people running the setup I want with like 850-1200 watt psus,lol

I'm running my 6970 X-fire setup on a 700w CoolerMaster just fine.

AX750 is a top quality PSU, even it you were stressing it towards its limit you can be rest assured it'd handle everything ok, compared to everything else :thup:
i'm planning to purchase one in the coming days as well!

Back