Sapphire HD 6870 Dirt 3 Edition Review

Sapphire has launched a new version of their mid-range video card, the HD 6870 Dirt 3 Edition, and they were kind enough to send one for us to review. Sapphire is known for being one of the largest OEM manufacturers of AMD video cards. Are you in the market for a good quality and performing video card? Is price a large part of your decision making process? This article aims to answer these questions and more in your quest for a new video card.

... Return to article to continue reading.

Vacationing to find my sanity Mutterator
    Overclockers.com Editor
    First Responders

Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile
    Nice job on the review krag! These 6870's sure are a solid bang for your buck card!

"We have more information and more ways of accessing it than ever, yet seem increasingly less inclined to do so."- Michael Wilbon

10 Year Badge
    Heatware Profile
    Thanks bro, this is my 1st vid card review and it did stretch me a bit. With your help I will get better. You and Matt are the experts around here

I was very surprised at how well this card stacked up to the 6950 & 6970 cards. 2 of these 6870's in X-fire would satisfy anyone.
    I.M.O.G. "It's a plugin issue," ...

Asus P8P67 Pro
    4g Corsair Dominator 667
    6970 Crossfire
    1t Hitachi
    Win 7

Forums Super Moderator
    Overclockers.com Lead Editor

10 Year Badge
    Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile
    Nice review

Thought I recognised the inside of that case...
    David J. Nelson MChem(Edin) PhD(Strath) MRSC [ResearcherID: D-3927-2011] [Google Scholar]
    OC Forums Super Moderator // Overclockers.com Editor

The Workhorse: [Lenovo W510] Intel Core i7-720QM / 8 GB DDR3 / nVidia Quadro FX880M / Crucial M4 256 GB SSD / Windows 7
    The Home Machine: AMD Llano A6-3650 APU / 8 GB DDR3 / Lots of HDDs / Antec Dark Fleet DF-85 Case / Windows 7
    The Benchmarking Setup: Various LGA775 chips / Asus Rampage Formula / 2 GB OCZ 1066 MHz DDR2 / nVidia Quadro NVS 285 / 320 GB HDD / Windows 7 [ Untouched for well over a year ]

My research fellowship is eating all my time, so I may be slow to reply to emails and private messages.