• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1333 vs 1600mhz?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

N8N8N8

will it be a noticeable difference? I am looking at mobo that only support 1333mhz. Will I notice a difference at all from 1333 to 1600?

thanks

I doubt you would notice any difference.. maybe a little.. I sometimes think I do, but its just in my head.. maybe.

And there you go, clear as mud :thup:

My supertalents run very tight and fast, outside of benchmarks, and my own make belief stuff that I trick myself into believeng, I cant tell a difference between these, and my ultra *hitty gskills that wont run tighter then 9-9-9-24 2t :rofl:

Can I ask why it makes so little difference? For a 20% increase in speed?

If I'm doing a memory intensive task will the difference be greater? (eg. running a code that often reads and writes ~100MBs)

Because its not memory bandwidth limited. Think of it this way... A hose. If my hose can handle a flow of water of 100GPM (bandwidth), but my faucet only lets 50GPM out (data), What good does it do me when I get a 200GPM hose (bandwidth) while my faucet can still only put out 50GPM (data)? Its not going to come out any faster.

;)

I actually saw a speed improvement going down in my case.

went from 2133 CL9 to 1600 CL7.

also doubled capacity, definitely an improvement.

In games, in most cases, you GPU.

There are a rare few activities (which I couldnt name) that would saturate ram bandwidth (rendering maybe?).

1600 or 1333?

I have same question for Z68 mobo and 2500k?
Is it worth more to get the ddr3 1600?
Do I need to get 1.5volt memory?
I plan on a 8GB ddr3 memory kit. Any suggestions?

Thanks

The answer wouldnt change between CPU's.

You do not need to get 1.5v memory, but that is the recommendation.

Any DDR3 1600Mhz 1.5v-1.65v would be fine.

Not really. I recently discovered that DDR1333 RAM from Kingmax has no problems whatsoever running as DDR1600 without any voltage increases. Running 8GB of the stuff (4x 2GB modules)

Am I going to see any significant difference between 1300 and 1600 if running the following GPU? Radeon 6850 Or should I stick with the 1333?

The rest of my new machine stats are as follows:
CPU: Intel i5 3.3GHz 2500k
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3

Am planning to buy G.Skill.

According to the above, someone else asked the question about the Z68 boards, but didn't mention about which GPU he was going to buy. Thanks

It's the same in all cases, so far as I understand. You won't notice the difference, no matter which motherboard, cpu, or gpu you're using.
The sole exception is benching, in which case you want the fastest everything.

Stick with the 1333, or splurge on the 1600, it doesn't really matter. The prices are almost exactly the same (at least in the case of Gskill, anyways).

Which is disappointing, because I want to upgrade another part of my computer. :(

Hmmm that's interesting. So basically 1600 is too fast for the bus to handle? Or where is the hangup?

Back